Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Iraq.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    These people have been fighting since the dawn of time, there is no question about that !! They have no thought of how much life is worth because most have nothing. I hope we can take control with minimal boots on the ground but am afraid the only way to keep anything in that wonderful region is to occupy it indefinitely.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Fighting is 1 thing, flat out murdering women and children that are trying to flee the area and executing people is a whole nother thing. I cant hear about people doing these things and not want to go do something about it. I will agree with jj that it cant all be won with the military but with groups like this and in this situation I see no other choice. Right now they are out in the open where we can find them which seems like 1 of the biggest breaks we have had in years.
    Keystone 1, Over!

" I am lost in the dust of the chase that my life brings"

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Problem is you can't fight extremist groups with a set of rules in place that you have to follow & come out ahead.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I just wanted to echo Hilltop and say thanks to you guys who served/are serving. Good job.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Againstthewind For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    Fighting is 1 thing, flat out murdering women and children that are trying to flee the area and executing people is a whole nother thing. I cant hear about people doing these things and not want to go do something about it. I will agree with jj that it cant all be won with the military but with groups like this and in this situation I see no other choice. Right now they are out in the open where we can find them which seems like 1 of the biggest breaks we have had in years.
    MM you know that is there thing, to kill and make examples of everything. They don't show mercy to anyone or anything however we do. I say let the navy kick the hell out of the ones they can to try and give the police a chance to gain control. I would really hate to see us on ground forever and I still say that's what would have to happen.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Dearhunter3450 View Post
    MM you know that is there thing, to kill and make examples of everything. They don't show mercy to anyone or anything however we do. I say let the navy kick the hell out of the ones they can to try and give the police a chance to gain control. I would really hate to see us on ground forever and I still say that's what would have to happen.
    I know thats their thing and is most of what makes me want to go after them. I would be trying to reenlist right now if the army was going over there.

Alot of the trouble with the Iraqi army is they dont have good leadership. Its hard to build a new army because you dont have guys that have been in for years to lead all the new guys coming in.
    Keystone 1, Over!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Musket Man For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Have to echo Hilltop. It's because the sacrifices that allot of our people made that allow us be in this great country and enjoy the freedoms we do! God Bless America!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to FlaFlatlander For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Going over there with military objectives is like looking for your next date at a family reunion, it might get the job done for the day but it just isn't going to work out over the long run.
    JJenness
    G
    &T Crazy

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jjenness For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    Worse yet we had the leader of it in in jail for a while and released him.
    Why does this not surprise me!!!
    #KEYSTONE

TICK
    TALL, WIDE and HANDSOME

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Some people just cant be reasoned with, like ISIS and suicide bombers. I agree alot of the problems in Iraq can and should be dealt with in other ways but right now I think the only solution to the current situation is military action. A year ago other things could have been but I think its way past the point of that now. There have been reports and intel that the Iraq government was having problems and this was going to happen for well over a year and our president and his administration have looked the other way at all of it. Now they are acting surprised that its happening like they had no idea when really they knew all along. It sounds alot like Benghazi when they looked the other way from all the warnings that would happen too.
    Keystone 1, Over!