Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Idaho Moose unit 8A, Potlatch area St Joe/Clearwater National Forests.

Well, most of the draws are complete and I hope everyone has at least one good hunt this year. It's been a good year so far for me. I was fortunate to draw an ID unit 8A moose tag. Has anyone out there had any experience with or, possibly, also drawn this hunt this year? If so, I would appreciate hearing from you. It's a large unit, far from home and I will not be able to scout in advance of the opener. Thank you and good hunting.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 60 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lappel65 View Post
    Well, most of the draws are complete and I hope everyone has at least one good hunt this year. It's been a good year so far for me. I was fortunate to draw an ID unit 8A moose tag. Has anyone out there had any experience with or, possibly, also drawn this hunt this year? If so, I would appreciate hearing from you. It's a large unit, far from home and I will not be able to scout in advance of the opener. Thank you and good hunting.
    I have a timber fallin' cousin who lives in Potlatch, I will see if I can get ahold of him. He's often out of cell service but I'm sure I will talk to him within a couple weeks.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 11 Posts
    I think you could find Moose about anywhere in that unit from what I know about it. There are alot of roads and access. What are the dates of your hunt or what dates do you plan to hunt? I have seen moose there but I cant remember exactly where. I think it might be better later in the year since its fairly low and moose could come in from other units if there is a good snow in the higher country around it.
    Last edited by Musket Man; 06-24-2014 at 09:48 AM.
    "Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I fee. One is the colors that fly high and proud The red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake With a simple statement made "Don't tread on me" is what it says and I'll take that to my grave. Because this is me. I'm proud to be American and strong in my beliefs. And I've said it before but I'll say it again 'Cause my family's always fought and died to save this land. And a country boy is all I'll ever be."

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Thanks Timberstalker, much appreciated.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    I think you could find Moose about anywhere in that unit from what I know about it. There are alot of roads and access. What are the dates of your hunt or what dates do you plan to hunt? I have seen moose there but I cant remember exactly where. I think it might be better later in the year since its fairly low and moose could come in from other units if there is a good snow in the higher country around it.

Thank you Musket Man for the input. The hunt dates are very generous, Aug. 30th thru Nov. 30th. However, I have an a few other hunts that I need to juggle. I'm going to try to be there during the rut and before the elk and deer hunters. late Sept., early Oct. Again thanks and good hunting.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 11 Posts
    Im not to far from that area. If I get up there or get any good info I will let you know. I would consider helping on your hunt but late sept/early oct I will be hunting antelope in NV so you are on your own if you go then. HAHA!
    "Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I fee. One is the colors that fly high and proud The red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake With a simple statement made "Don't tread on me" is what it says and I'll take that to my grave. Because this is me. I'm proud to be American and strong in my beliefs. And I've said it before but I'll say it again 'Cause my family's always fought and died to save this land. And a country boy is all I'll ever be."