Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 223 rifle

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    If you're anywhere near a Cabela's, they have the Savage Model 11 Prairie Dog rifle on clearance for about $420. It's also listed on Cabela's website. I looked at one at the KC store this week and it seemed pretty nice. I have a .222 with a mini-Mauser action (similar to CZ action) and have been happy with it. I also have a CZ 527 in .221 Fireball which I use for most of my varmit hunting. CZ's are nice!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    I have a plain jane 700 adl with a 6-24x50 mildot vortex crossfire. It's an accurate combo for me.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have been looking at the Bushmaster Varmint AR 15 in .223 / 5.56. There are some very good reviews on this rifle: sub MOA accuracy and very reliable function. Seems like a good set up for coyotes. Anyone with first hand experience?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 8 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eberle View Post
    I'm with Hilltop on the Model 700, they are hard to beat!

Hilltop do you still have that axis? I can tell you how to fix it in 5 minutes. Simple trigger job, knock 1 pin out & cut 2 coils off with a pair of dikes. Trigger will be about 3#.
    I saw this on youtube- It worked but I still decided to sell the gun... I'll agree though for anyone else out there cutting the coils off did make the trigger much better. I just didn't like the overall feel of the gun- just wasn't for me. I honestly have switched all my predator guns over to .243. I like the performance in the wind and the extra smack on dogs. Hide damge really doesn't matter much anymore as they aren't worth much. Get better money out of the dang coons these days.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by southernidahohunter View Post
    You might look at the new Ruger American Predator rifle. It has a heavier threaded barrel than the regular American rifles, but costs about the same. I haven't been able to shoot one yet, but if it is as accurate as the regular American rifles, then it should do fine for varmints and predators without breaking the bank.
    That Ruger American looks like a winner to me. My American rimfire is a tackdriver.