Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Underage applicants

So apparently dfg Idaho has no stones

http://www.cdapress.com/news/outdoor...tml?TNNoMobile

So basically they didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings so they let everyone play while others stood by and played by the rules. As far as I'm concerned everyone of those applicants and their party should have been disqualified from the draw. It's to hard to get a tag as it is now cheaters are winning

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 11 Posts
    I can see the confusion since in most states they can apply aslong as they will be old enough when the season opens. It was poor timing to bring it into effect. They should have done it before the app deadline so there wouldnt have been any confusion
    "Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I fee. One is the colors that fly high and proud The red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake With a simple statement made "Don't tread on me" is what it says and I'll take that to my grave. Because this is me. I'm proud to be American and strong in my beliefs. And I've said it before but I'll say it again 'Cause my family's always fought and died to save this land. And a country boy is all I'll ever be."

Thanks
    Congratulations
    They did it said in the regulations they were not to apply because the law does not change until July 1

Maybe they should have been allowed to apply however all the people who read the rules and didn't put their 10 year old in are now on the outside looking in. And since they weren't eligible they took tags away from other applicants

Thanks
    Congratulations
    If the regs were worded like that they should have been disqualified. Still there would be alot of mad people no matter what they did I think.
    "Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I fee. One is the colors that fly high and proud The red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake With a simple statement made "Don't tread on me" is what it says and I'll take that to my grave. Because this is me. I'm proud to be American and strong in my beliefs. And I've said it before but I'll say it again 'Cause my family's always fought and died to save this land. And a country boy is all I'll ever be."

Thanks
    Congratulations
    That's true but if they had disqualified them all they had to do was point to regs and say look dummy

I am sure there was a certain number who really didn't understand but for everyone of those there were one or two who worked the system.

I don't think it's enough but if they wanted to attempt to make it right they should take all the tags that were awarded to those who shouldn't have applied and put them in the second draw. And that should include anyone who was in a party with an underage applicant.

Then let everyone try for those tags again. Because it was stated in the regs that 10/11 year olds could apply in the second chance drawing.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to nitis For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    +1 with taking those tags back and putting them in the 2nd draw. Do you know of a point of contact with IDFG who is handling this? So others can voice their displeasure. They need to stop being lazy because if it were 100 of these 10-11 year old applicants who weren't eligible they would disqualify them, but because it's a 1,000 plus and I am sure a good number of the 1,000 put in as a party making that number higher they won't. Rules are the rules.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 22 Times in 2 Posts
    Rules are rules. Yea but we are talking about kids here. Get over it, they've made their decision. Good luck to the kids that draw a tag is what I say.
    "I love my country, I love my guns, I love my family, I love the way it is now, and anybody that tries to change it has to come through me, that should be all of our attitudes, cause this is America!!"
    - Charlie Daniels

"Most democrats in WY are not like other democrats (they actually like babies, guns, and the constitution)"
    - AT Hiker

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I wonder how many of them actually drew tags? I bet most of them their parents herd the min age had been lowered and put them in thinking it was ok without reading the regs.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Legal to big game hunt at 10... Beyond the debate regarding the rule change, that seems a tad young. Bird hunt - perhaps. Big game? I seem to remember Utah/Wyoming used to be (still are?) 12 to bird hunt and 14 for big game - or have I lost my memory?
    Brave Rifles & Toujours Pret!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Washington doesnt even have a minimum age.