Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PointsHunter View Post
    Legal to big game hunt at 10... Beyond the debate regarding the rule change, that seems a tad young. Bird hunt - perhaps. Big game? I seem to remember Utah/Wyoming used to be (still are?) 12 to bird hunt and 14 for big game - or have I lost my memory?
    I'm pretty sure in Wyoming big game is 12. Most states are 12.
    "Only two people have died for You and I, The American Soldier died for Our Freedom & Jesus Christ Died for Our Souls!" I thank GOD for them! GOD BLESS AMERICA!

NRA Life Member

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobbhunts View Post
    Rules are rules. Yea but we are talking about kids here. Get over it, they've made their decision. Good luck to the kids that draw a tag is what I say.
    Ok but what about al the 10/11 year olds who didn't apply because they obeyed the rules

Thanks
    Congratulations
    You need to contact the directors office and they will return calls don't go looking for blood.... Yet be nice and voice your displeasure

They actually called me back yesterday but I was asleep ( working night shift)

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 18 Times in 1 Post
    Well that sucks for them. And I hate that they didn't get in on it. And applaud them for reading the rules (the parents obviously). I just could totally see how a majority of the "rule breakers" did so by mistake. If I'm understanding it correctly.
    "I love my country, I love my guns, I love my family, I love the way it is now, and anybody that tries to change it has to come through me, that should be all of our attitudes, cause this is America!!"
    - Charlie Daniels

"Most democrats in WY are not like other democrats (they actually like babies, guns, and the constitution)"
    - AT Hiker

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Rules and laws are still supposed to be followed right? Meth is still illegal right.

I'm sorry this is on the parents. Those 1000 kids screwed the draw odds and it's hard enough to draw a tag there as it is not to mention expensive especially for non residents. And before you say it doesn't those extra applicants do sway the non resident tags

Those parents will have to explain to those kids why their tags were taken away

Or how do the parents of those who followed the rules explain to their ten year old why he didn't put in to draw when their friend at school has a tag

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 18 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    Washington doesnt even have a minimum age.
    I don't think KY does either. I was hunting deer way before 10 years of age. And my soon to be 6 year old is begging me to take her this fall. I took my cousin when he turned 9. Its all about how mature they are in nature. I've met some 14+ year olds that shouldn't be hunting haha.

BTW....here was my cousin at 10 years old. He's now 20 and in college. Turned out to be a great kid, he no longer hunts though. Has other things on his mind at the moment lol! Good ole muzzleloader buck!!

"I love my country, I love my guns, I love my family, I love the way it is now, and anybody that tries to change it has to come through me, that should be all of our attitudes, cause this is America!!"
    - Charlie Daniels

"Most democrats in WY are not like other democrats (they actually like babies, guns, and the constitution)"
    - AT Hiker

Thanks
    Congratulations
    No minimum age in Illinois -- if you can pass the hunter safety course, you can hunt.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 33 Times in 2 Posts
    Using meth as an example is a little bit absurd. As far as the minimum age of 10 being a little bit young, I disagree. A 10 year old can shoot a deer with a .243 as well as a 12 year old. Regarding the tags it is water under the bridge at this point. I agree with having a second draw but lets not punish kids for someones mistakes. There dads already told them they have tags and are going hunting so don't go back on that. They are the ones that will be keeping this thing alive after we can't any more.
    A bad day in the woods is better than a good day at work.
    Shoot the best, Shoot PSE!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by In God We Trust View Post
    Using meth as an example is a little bit absurd. As far as the minimum age of 10 being a little bit young, I disagree. A 10 year old can shoot a deer with a .243 as well as a 12 year old. Regarding the tags it is water under the bridge at this point. I agree with having a second draw but lets not punish kids for someones mistakes. There dads already told them they have tags and are going hunting so don't go back on that. They are the ones that will be keeping this thing alive after we can't any more.
    Meth is illegal but not much is done about these applications were illegal and nothing is being done about

No one is arguing if the kids are old enough or not that has already been determined

Thanks
    Congratulations
    There's 15 minutes of my life I'll never get back

Fairly engaging conversation but in the end the lady basically told me they may issue "warnings" in written form but that's about it

What a joke

I asked if they could or would consider having those tags that were drawn put into the second draw and then she started getting more defensive and basically said what's done is done

I still believe there are people who tried to game the system probably just as many who were ignorant to the rule.

One thing I didn't know was that in the past you could apply at age 11 as long as you would be 12 when the hunt opened you applied for so in a sense if people had followed the rules of this year some kids kind of got jobbed

Supposedly total apps are up 7000 according to her numbers and 900+ were illegal. 140k some odd apps now 900 into 140k isn't a high percentage. But it only takes a few of those names to bump you down the list just enough to not get a tag

Keep calling and voicing your displeasure this is wrong