Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Good job opened some eyes

Press release

Fish & Game Revisits Controlled Hunt Decision

Idaho Fish and Game has heard from many concerned hunters and parents about our decision this week to allow 9 through 11 year olds to remain in the recently completed controlled hunt drawing. In response, Fish and Game Director Virgil Moore has decided to give this a second look and will make an announcement early next week.

A new law which takes effect July 1, allows these young hunters to hunt big game, if they are 10 years old by the time they go hunting. Because the first drawing occurred before July 1, these young hunters were ineligible to apply. However, it appears many parents were not aware of this because more than 1,000 ineligible youngsters were entered into the drawing, mainly as part of group applications. Idaho Fish and Game decided to allow these young hunters to remain in the drawing due to administrative and customer service reasons, which include avoiding a delay in releasing the drawing results.

Fish and Game has received numerous phone calls and emails from hunters all over the state who feel that a different solution is necessary. With that in mind, Fish and Game is revisiting this situation to discuss whether there is a more suitable way to rectify this decision. The discussion will continue during the next several days until a final plan of action is reached.

Fish and Game apologizes to all hunters for the confusion, and appreciates the input we have received in recent days.
    06-27-2014

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    i didnt have time to read thru all the post here but i have a jest on where it is going. my first thought was, wth.... but at same time these are kids and they will be of age come actual hunting season. think of how happy these kids are that drew! i remember the firsttime i drew a tag when i was 12 and i was on cloud freaking 9 and had that been taken from me that woulda sucked and it woulda killed the hunting enthusiasm that i have now. we want and need our kids to be avid outdoorsman and to learn the hunting side of life. if we lived in a state where there are no general tags then this would be a bigger prob with alot of people but this is idaho, one of the only states left that offer awsome general tags for both deer and elk in some pretty awesome country. those of us that didnt draw can still hunt and we have a ton of blm and state lands available for us to hunt on. not like we have to wait another year ya know? im happy for the little buggers that drew, good for them, lets not ruin the hunting experince for them.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Let them hunt general hunts then it clearly said in the regs they weren't supposed to apply

And they didn't pay $200 to apply.

I want kids to hunt too. But we have rules and regs for a reason

Thanks
    Congratulations
    very true, will be interesting on how it plays out. nitis, wont you get money back being how you didnt draw?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    No refunds have to buy a license to apply

Thanks
    Congratulations
    oh thats right i forgot about that, yeah i can deff understand the frustration. what tag did you apply for?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Area 54. 10-15% chance each year. Dads been trying for 15 years

That hunt rarely gets the full. 10% non res allotment so definitely need ll the help we can get.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    the bull archery tag? that would be sweet to draw. any hunt in 54 would be sweet.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Not elk Just deer

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 11 Posts
    Are you a NR nitis? I was thinking you were a R for some reason. I apply in Idaho (although I chose not to this year because of another tag i drew) and I am really not bothered by this. If anything I blame DFG for not making the change effective before the 1st draw so there wouldnt have been this confusion in the first place.
    "Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I fee. One is the colors that fly high and proud The red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake With a simple statement made "Don't tread on me" is what it says and I'll take that to my grave. Because this is me. I'm proud to be American and strong in my beliefs. And I've said it before but I'll say it again 'Cause my family's always fought and died to save this land. And a country boy is all I'll ever be."