Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    If it would just allow one more person to hunt, then wouldn't it be worth it.
    Last edited by BKC; 07-02-2014 at 12:26 PM. Reason: misspelling

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    Unless they were all paper apps (which I doubt) the system should not have allowed them to enter in the first place.
    I don't understand why the system didn't catch it, unless fish and game are getting that lazy when they setup the system this year.

Last year when I applied for a mt. goat tag, I went in to put in for extra tags during the general draw and my buddy stuck my number on some regular controlled tags, by accident, and it wouldn't allow me to apply because I had applied for a mt. goat.

I really think they should have pulled the tags and redid the draw. I know he states that he didn't want to take tags away from kids, but you can by OTC tags for everything, but antelope, so it isn't like they couldn't get a tag. From the sounds of his letter fish and game should have got the stuff together better before publishing regulations about the younger hunters, to avoid all this confusion from the start.

newguy220

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Well, personally I have some mixed feelings about this, but it is what it is, and we will all move forward now. They have posted the list of tags that they are going to re-draw for. Definitely some quality tags in the mix. I want to know who draws on this round that didn't the first time (lucky suckers). Good for whoever gets another crack at it. As for me, the deer and elk hunts that I put in for aren't being drawn again, so I'm sitting this one out. Already drew my muzzleloader antelope tag, so I'm not complaining. if you draw this round, let us know!!!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Last year when I went to apply the guy at the store I went too asked why I was applying for elk and antelope but not deer. I told him I had drawn the year before so I couldnt this year, he said there wasnt a waiting period and if the computer took it it was allowed. He tried it and it took my deer app. I really thought I was right so I looked it up in the regs and showed him. Next day i felt like I had done something wrong and I was going to go to the DFG office and ask but I never got there before the draw. I didnt draw but dont know if it was disqualified or not? So Im not sure how good their system is at ketching things like this.
    Keystone 1, Over!

" I am lost in the dust of the chase that my life brings"

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Last year when I went to apply the guy at the store I went too asked why I was applying for elk and antelope but not deer. I told him I had drawn the year before so I couldnt this year, he said there wasnt a waiting period and if the computer took it it was allowed. He tried it and it took my deer app. I really thought I was right so I looked it up in the regs and showed him. Next day i felt like I had done something wrong and I was going to go to the DFG office and ask but I never got there before the draw. I didnt draw but dont know if it was disqualified or not? So Im not sure how good their system is at ketching things like this.

I think I read somewhere that it screens things post draw to confirm eligibility. Which again is bass ackwards

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Not sure what you drew the prior year, but here is some info on that.
    The waiting period only applies for "buck only" or "bull only" hunts. That's why there is no waiting period for antelope, as they are either sex hunts.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by nitis View Post
    I think I read somewhere that it screens things post draw to confirm eligibility. Which again is bass ackwards
    Wouldnt surprise me. Good way to get app fees I guess...
    Keystone 1, Over!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by tmitch View Post
    Not sure what you drew the prior year, but here is some info on that.
    The waiting period only applies for "buck only" or "bull only" hunts. That's why there is no waiting period for antelope, as they are either sex hunts.
    It was a buck deer tag in 42. Thats why i didnt think I was eligible the year after.
    Keystone 1, Over!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    It was a buck deer tag in 42. Thats why i didnt think I was eligible the year after.
    The way I read it you shouldn't have been eligible, but I've never tried it either. Like you stated MM good way to get more money, that is all it seems fish and game is about these days.

newguy220

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by tmitch View Post
    Well, personally I have some mixed feelings about this, but it is what it is, and we will all move forward now. They have posted the list of tags that they are going to re-draw for. Definitely some quality tags in the mix. I want to know who draws on this round that didn't the first time (lucky suckers). Good for whoever gets another crack at it. As for me, the deer and elk hunts that I put in for aren't being drawn again, so I'm sitting this one out. Already drew my muzzleloader antelope tag, so I'm not complaining. if you draw this round, let us know!!!!
    well my wife drew the one cow elk tag for 51,she's jacked.Larry