Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    The speed is great with a light arrow and accuracy and where you put that arrow are number one in my opinion. Because if you hit them in the sweet spot any arrow with a good cut on contact broad head will have a complete pass through and dispatch the largest of game quickly. But what happens when that animal moves a little or you have buck fever and don't quite place that arrow in the sweet spot? That is where shooting a heavier arrow might just help you and penetrate that shoulder enough to get to a lung.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Shoot STR8

2. The Following User Says Thank You to RUTTIN For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 17 Times in 3 Posts
    Very well said!!
    Quote Originally Posted by RUTTIN View Post
    The speed is great with a light arrow and accuracy and where you put that arrow are number one in my opinion. Because if you hit them in the sweet spot any arrow with a good cut on contact broad head will have a complete pass through and dispatch the largest of game quickly. But what happens when that animal moves a little or you have buck fever and don't quite place that arrow in the sweet spot? That is where shooting a heavier arrow might just help you and penetrate that shoulder enough to get to a lung.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    457.6 grains total arrow weight out of a Bowtech CPXL at a little over 60 lbs. draw weight with 29.5" draw length. I have no idea the speed but she's dialed and I am very confident with this rig. 53 days until the bow opener here but who's counting anyway?
    Managing Editor
    Eastmans' Hunting Journals

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    http://www.backcountrybowhunting.com/articles/calc/

A simple calulator to find what you may or may not be looking for. Just be sure to find the correct speed / weight ratio. Giving up too much of one does not neccessary help the other. Good stuff here guys.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I'm shooting a 420 grain arrow with a 73 lb draw which is perfect for me because the arrow hits very hard but also has a a flat trajectory and greatly reduces my pin gaps which allows for greater accuracy.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    This is solid choice.

Quote Originally Posted by dhershberger View Post
    I'm shooting a 420 grain arrow with a 73 lb draw which is perfect for me because the arrow hits very hard but also has a a flat trajectory and greatly reduces my pin gaps which allows for greater accuracy.