Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    With the 300 rum. I would all so shoot a 200 grain accubond

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The Partition would be my pick out of the two listed. The Nosler Accubond and E-tip are both very good bullets also.
    NRA Life Member
    RMEF
    Montana Wild Sheep Foundation
    Boone & Crockett Club
    Montana Bow Hunters Association

"One loves to possess arms though they hope never to."
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Either would be fine & do the job. I'm also an accubond fan & I'm going to try out some barnes this year.
    "Only two people have died for You and I, The American Soldier died for Our Freedom & Jesus Christ Died for Our Souls!" I thank GOD for them! GOD BLESS AMERICA!

NRA Life Member

Thanks
    Congratulations
    My brother killed a 370 bull in Utah with a 210 grain Berger at 750 yards. High shoulder. Not a step. Shot out of a 300 ultra. I've always used partitions 180 grain out of my 300 mag but I backed down to 168 grain Berger out of my 7mm stw and can shoot much better. Always shot placement. Not just the bullet. I shot a mule deer at 200 yards and it had shrapnel behind its ear from a lung shot 168 grain Berger. Those partitions are great if ur not shooting a long distance.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    shoot the one that shoots best, if they both shoot good, I prefer the partition for elk out of the two in question.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Not trying to thread jack but does anyone have experience with Berger 185 hunting vlds for elk. I shot my bear with this bullet last year drt! I plan on using it for elk and bear this year. Just wondering if any one has used them on elk and how it performed(300win mag)

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 6 Times in 4 Posts
    I vote for the 180 Partition. I dropped a mature grizzly in his tracks with one from a .300 Weatherby. It's my go-to bullet always!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by jasent View Post
    Not trying to thread jack but does anyone have experience with Berger 185 hunting vlds for elk. I shot my bear with this bullet last year drt! I plan on using it for elk and bear this year. Just wondering if any one has used them on elk and how it performed(300win mag)
    They shoot good & will lay an elk out. I got a buddy that shoots them out of his .300 win mag. He uses nosler brass, IMR 4831 & federal 215M primers.
    "Only two people have died for You and I, The American Soldier died for Our Freedom & Jesus Christ Died for Our Souls!" I thank GOD for them! GOD BLESS AMERICA!

NRA Life Member

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Eberle For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I personally like the 180 swift scirrocos and out of my 300 rum. I have a 700yd kill on nm bull with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Live2Hunt View Post
    I am just curious to get some feedback from some other hunters on this topic. I am going on an Elk hunt this year and I will be loading my own ammunition, as always. I will be shooting a Model 700, 300 Remington Ultra Mag. The two bullets that I am considering for this hunt are the Sierra Gameking in a 180 grain or a Nosler Partition also in a 180 grain. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    "my 2 cents" - Of the two listed I'd go with the partition as long as is shot good. Accuracy is always most important. I think the Sierra Gameking is a little bit of a light framed bulled for a 300 RUM. I say this due to a conversation had with Sierra back in the early 90's. We had Gamekings that came apart on elk we had killed out of our .280's. They explained that the bullet was made for longer range shooting, and that the jacket wasn't built for close range hard hitting situations. I still like the bullets, but for elk and 300 RUM, I'd go with something tougher. I'd consider the Accubond for sure if it shoots good, the Ballistic Coefficient is way better than the partition. I'd also consider a Hornady Interbond. They shoot good in my 300 win, and they are tough. All of this being said.....Accuracy and shot placement are most important! Good luck