Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Michigan's Upper Penninsula. South central in Delta Count bordering Menominee County.
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Accubond, Accubond, Accubond!!!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I've always used Nosler Accubond 140 grain out of my 270 for all elk and deer I have taken over the years.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	402.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	9915

This photo is from a recent trip to Africa. One guy had a small scale so we weighed the bullets to see how much weight each bullet retained.

The first bullet is a 260 grain Partition. It retained 220 grains for about 85% retention.
    The second bullet is a 180 grain Core Lokt. It retained 80 grains for about 45% retention.
    The third bullet is a 180 grain Barnes Tipped TSX. It retained 177 grains for over 98% retention.

Take this for what it's worth. Each bullet hit different animals so it isn't exact science but might help out a bit. I certainly was happy with how my Barnes bullet performed!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NDHunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I only shoot Nosler so you know which one I would recomend. I started shooting the partition but my gun likes the Accubonds better so I switched. I have killed bulls with cheap Remington Core Loct ammo and cheap Winchester ammo growing up so most 180 grain bullets will do the trick on an elk. I would use whatever your gun shoots the best.
    A bad day in the woods is better than a good day at work.
    Shoot the best, Shoot PSE!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Core-lokt ultra bonded should also be fantastic on wapiti! I would tell ya corelokt original on the 75th anniversary but they don't chamber it in 300 rum. Ive always been a proponent of matching ammo and rifle so ive never tried nosler in a rem even though I hear great things.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I agree that shot placement is the important factor. But bullet construction is important as well. You wouldn't go elk hunting with a FMJ bullet. Most of the bullets mentioned will do fine, with the exception of the Nosler Ballistic-tip. I've seen quite a few failures with them and Bergers. I use Barnes and Accubonds now, but have experimented with lots of others. Just my opinion.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I love the nosler accubond and partition i have seen more elk drop in there tracks with a partion then anything. i have also started using barnes ttsx in my 300 and there super accurate