Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Montana, antis attempt to buy seat at wildlife management

This would give the antis a seat at the wildlife management table, much like charging the non hunting public to use the gamelands, this is a very very bad idea!! please leave a comment!!! http://fwp.mt.gov/news/publicNotices...s/pn_0177.html

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 11 Posts
    I left comment. I agree its a bad idea. MTFPW is in such a financial crisis from increased tag fees, wolves, and low tag sales that they are looking to generate money any way they can I think.
    "Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I fee. One is the colors that fly high and proud The red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake With a simple statement made "Don't tread on me" is what it says and I'll take that to my grave. Because this is me. I'm proud to be American and strong in my beliefs. And I've said it before but I'll say it again 'Cause my family's always fought and died to save this land. And a country boy is all I'll ever be."

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 77 Times in 10 Posts
    Also left a comment and it wasn't pleasant after reading the proposal. What are they thinking?????????

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 46 Times in 8 Posts
    I guess you guys need to clue me in why you're against that wolf stamp idea because that's all the link I clicked on in the OP post was about. I see nothing that would give any particular person or organization any pull since it says where the money will go. It appears all it is will be a way to get more money into the coffers to help pay for the wolf program and is just a way for nonconsumptive users (hikers, bikers, photographers, etc.) to pay into the fund. Almost all hunters have been saying for a long time that nonconsumptive users need to pay their fair share for management of our rersources and this is what that is doing. What, if anything, am I missing here?
    Last edited by Topgun 30-06; 06-30-2014 at 06:43 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Topgun 30-06 View Post
    I guess you guys need to clue me in why you're against that wolf stamp idea because that's all the link I clicked on in the OP post was about. I see nothing that would give any particular person or organization any pull since it says where the money will go. It appears all it is will be a way to get more money into the coffers to help pay for the wolf program and is just a way for nonconsumptive users (hikers, bikers, photographers, etc.) to pay into the fund. Almost all hunters have been saying for a long time that nonconsumptive users need to pay their fair share for management of our rersources and this is what that is doing. What, if anything, am I missing here?
    I thought it was the wrong link. I'm not saying it's good or bad because I didn't really understand everything that it was talking about. It said something about restoring wolf habitat. That sounds like expansion of wolves to me. I'm not sure about giving antis a seat at the table for the management of game species.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I am kindof with Topgun from I what I could tell. The wolves are here to stay and they need some way to pay for the management of them. It did seem to say they might pay for buying wolf habitat in "occupied" areas. I don't really see how it is a seat for antihunters the table either. More wardens might help with knowing where problem wolves are so they can relocate them or something, but they might catch more of the shoot, shovel, and shut up guys, too. The National forest campgrounds sometimes charge $15 a night, and it sucks, but I will pay that for the nice campgrounds, so I am ok with fund raising for game management. Not quite the same thing.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 11 Posts
    Because the wolf stamps will all be bought by wolf hugers and then they will say since they have been putting money in for wolves that should have more say in managing them or not managing them as they want. Its another way for them to get another foot in the door and more leverage and influence on DFW.
    "Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I fee. One is the colors that fly high and proud The red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake With a simple statement made "Don't tread on me" is what it says and I'll take that to my grave. Because this is me. I'm proud to be American and strong in my beliefs. And I've said it before but I'll say it again 'Cause my family's always fought and died to save this land. And a country boy is all I'll ever be."

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Musket Man For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 77 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    Because the wolf stamps will all be bought by wolf hugers and then they will say since they have been putting money in for wolves that should have more say in managing them or not managing them as they want. Its another way for them to get another foot in the door and more leverage and influence on DFW.
    This^^^^^^^^^^ Once the non hunting groups start to put money into the MTFPW they will expect have a greater say in the protection of the wolves and quotas. Once that door is opened it will be hard to turn it back.
    Last edited by 25contender; 06-30-2014 at 09:40 PM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 25contender For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I didn't think of that. Thanks for pointing that out. Money talks I guess. From the articles on it, there was no opposition in the public comments before it passed unanimously from the commission. http://switchboard.nrdc.org/blogs/zs...o_by_will.html
    I am not sure if that was true or not. Some of the anti-wolf hunting groups were against it because they don't want any management, but some articles were very in favor. http://www.thewildlifenews.com/2014/...eeps-clothing/ Maybe groups like RMEF and the beef lobby will out lobby the wolf dudes, or the comments will get through like the Idaho deal a couple weeks ago.
    Now we need to work on getting coal trains through Spokane, . Those Starbucks out there are stressing us out over here.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You guys aren't thinking straight. The anti's already have a seat at the table. They have controlled (through lawsuits) much of wolf management for far too long. I am fine with them creating the tag. And don't worry, they won't sell very many, either. The anti's never put their money where there mouth is. They use their fundraising for lawsuits, not buying wolf tags and contributing to management.

It will be an excellent way to demonstrate how few dollars are contributed by the tree huggers, and they will loose influence as a result. If by some miracle they contribute real money, and they participate in the management process rather than obstruct it, we all still win. I am all for limiting wolves, and killing most. But the sky isn't falling with this proposal.
    llp

13. The Following User Says Thank You to llp For This Useful Post: