Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 22 Times in 10 Posts
    llp, I hope your right but I disagree. True they already have a seat with their lawsuites but this would give them another seat. They want to so this wolf stamp BS to make an easy way for people to "donate" to wolves because people are asking how to donate and there must be alot of them asking for them to do this. MTFPW is hurting for money pretty bad as I understand it.
    Keystone 1, Over!

" I am lost in the dust of the chase that my life brings"

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Againstthewind View Post
    Now we need to work on getting coal trains through Spokane, . Those Starbucks out there are stressing us out over here.
    Whats the deal with that? Ill go clear the tracks for ya!!!!
    Keystone 1, Over!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    lol, ok! There is talk of a new West Coast coal port for exports to Asia and a lot of trains would go through Spokane, but there is a lot of opposition as usual.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Who cares! Just go! They can go ahead and try to stop a train with 100 cars loaded with coal!!!! Spokane is really against this?
    Keystone 1, Over!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I don't think they can stop the trains, legally or otherwise. I think the new port is one of the bigger issues. There was talk of it in Puget Sound I think and down by Portland. There were billboards in Spokane about how it would make it harder for the ambulances to get to the hospital because of 60 more trains a day. If there were 60 more trains a day there would have be like half a dozen new mines open up. Its kindof crazy. They are worried about coal blowing off and polluting everything, too. The only coal I see on the tracks is a spill by the silos, but not anywhere else. I don't know a whole lot about it, you got me off chasing a squirrel again!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Againstthewind For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I could see the west side being against it but that is a different country over there..... What was this thread about anyways? HAHA!
    Keystone 1, Over!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I posted this up on a few other message boards, on of the replies came from a guy from NM, his words

"Was at a NM Game Commission meeting where trapping was being attacked by the radical environmental terrorists.

They were really putting on a show of numbers and crying about all the poor trapped animals. When it was my turn to speak I brought up in my commentary about hunters not only funding the G&F Dept. through hunting/trapping lic. sales, but through buying the habitat stamps that improve areas for all wildlife.

Then I turned to the audience and asked them all who had bought a habitat stamp this year?

All the hunters and trappers raised their hand, and you could see the anti's looking at the floor... So, I directed that question to them alone.

Crickets. whistle

Not ONE of them had bought a habitat stamp, and you can buy them without getting a hunting license."

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Apparition For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 45 Times in 3 Posts
    comment left

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 77 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by llp View Post
    You guys aren't thinking straight. The anti's already have a seat at the table. They have controlled (through lawsuits) much of wolf management for far too long. I am fine with them creating the tag. And don't worry, they won't sell very many, either. The anti's never put their money where there mouth is. They use their fundraising for lawsuits, not buying wolf tags and contributing to management.

It will be an excellent way to demonstrate how few dollars are contributed by the tree huggers, and they will loose influence as a result. If by some miracle they contribute real money, and they participate in the management process rather than obstruct it, we all still win. I am all for limiting wolves, and killing most. But the sky isn't falling with this proposal.
    llp
    I would say the same as MM. I hope you are right but I dont think so. It really seems that this is more of a feel good / revenue grab. Feel good to the antis that want to see the wolf hunting and trapping stopped. And a revenue grab to make up for the revenue lose due to lack luster license sales. Everything that is proposed has been funded in the past.I just don't see any type of a benefit for trappers and hunters from this.
    Last edited by 25contender; 07-02-2014 at 01:04 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to 25contender For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    On the bright side it says in Bugle that the wolves in YNP are killing each other!
    Keystone 1, Over!