Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 40 Times in 6 Posts
    llp---Excellent post and of which I agree 100%. If this was such a bad proposal as others think it is you can bet that there would have been all kinds of organizations like RMEF coming to the front to oppose it. That didn't happen and I think some are just crying wolf over this wolf stamp proposal for lack of a better way to put it!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 77 Times in 10 Posts
    Just a few comments on a article about the Wolf stamp.

"This is a welcome development. Even if some of the money goes to ranchers and some is used for research which is not yet defined, it gives non-consumptive wildlife users leverage in commenting on and influencing FWP wildlife policies."

" As a non-consumptive user who lives in Montana this is exactly what we have been needing for a long time now. Please do not sit here and dismiss it as some way for hunters to gain more ground on killing wolves. Right now RMEF is funding the research on wolves. That isn't working. We need a seat at that table! And this stamp is making anti-wolf people nervous. That alone is a good thing."

" I support the wildlife for non-consumptive usage stamp. I also totally see Dave Taylor and Rocky Sehnerts points of view and agree also. But, I think this is albeit not perfect a step in a good direction, if us non-consumptive wildlife enjoyers really will step up and purchase a stamp in droves. This was done in another state I once resided in and the benefit was that it clearly told that state's version of MTFWP, that yes there are plenty of people who view wildlife as free-living individuals, that we enjoy alive and thriving, not dead mercilessly in traps, hunting, whatnot. It is not perfect and although I bristle at ranchers getting special compensations, I also know that if it keeps them and I would hope so, from SSB, shoot, shovel and bury as they put it and perceive troublesome wildlife, well it is a compromise. FYI, I am the guardian of some farm animals, I have the same right to speak as the ranchers, as my farm animals always can be at-risk of harm from wildlife entering our MT property. And, trust me, if one of the farm animals on my land were killed by a wild animal, it would break my heart, as each individual farm animal is precious to me. I will see no benefit at all financially from this stamp, I would never out it if my farm animal was killed by wildlife, as I know the state would descend and kill of the pesty wild animal, which is what they are oh so good at. I choose to live in peace with wildlife and know we are intruding upon their lands, not the other way around. So, any form of $$ help as let's face it MTFWP is about money and funding, let's have our say to help wildlife. "

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 25contender For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    25, do you have a link for the article?

Thanks
    Congratulations

Thanks
    Congratulations
    So what was the purpose of posting up those comments left by nut cases that read that blog from the NRDC staffer for that nut case pro wolf organization? Did you expect anyone other than nuts that belong to that organization and read all their propaganda to come on and make any negative comments? If they think they will gain more control by just buying individual stamps I think they are making a big mistake. IMHO individual people buying a stamp if the proposal goes through will have no more say if they're a wolf lover than if they're anti wolf. If they want to perpetuate the pro wolf thing it would seem they would all stick together and increase the numbers in their organizations, rather than think that buying individual stamps will get them more clout at the table. That's my take on it and the main thing to remember is that the individual states, although they have control over wolf numbers now, still have to keep them up to the minimum agreed upon number and packs to keep them from being relisted. IMHO the states will not be stupid enough to let numbers fall below those minimums and risk having them relisted by the Feds and, thus, lose complete control of them again. That's my take on it and time will tell as to how the individual states will deal with those nuts who don't want any controls or minimum numbers of anything. The big problem is that the vast majority of these wackos live in big cities and wouldn't know a wolf from an elk and yet want to control all aspects of everyone's lives. It, IMHO is the sign of the times in the way our country is being taken over by the Libs.
    Last edited by Topgun 30-06; 07-03-2014 at 10:41 AM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    The purpose is to show that there are those that feel it is a way to get a foot in the door when non hunters or anti groups get involved by pumping their own dollars into a program like this. This isn't the only article or blog like this with similar comments. I know about the minimum numbers and that is not a issue for me. I guess we will have to re visit this in a few years if the proposal goes through. for now we will have to agree to disagree.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 25contender For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by 25contender View Post
    The purpose is to show that there are those that feel it is a way to get a foot in the door when non hunters or anti groups get involved by pumping their own dollars into a program like this. This isn't the only article or blog like this with similar comments. I know about the minimum numbers and that is not a issue for me. I guess we will have to re visit this in a few years if the proposal goes through. for now we will have to agree to disagree.
    I could see your point if hundreds of thousands of them bought the proposed stamp and then joined together in some kind of collective gathering saying they have x amount of dollars involved in contributions and want a say in things. The way the stamp is proposed would seem to be a way to keep a certain element like that out of gaining control and pressing their stance on things. I have read other comments on different sites and all I can say is the majority are nut cases that don't have a clue as to proper game management or life in general when you come right down to it. These people are so biased and uniformed about proper management that it's ridiculous. Like you said, it will take some time to see where this goes, but you can bet that whether the stamp is approved or not that these wackos will continue the attack on hunting, gun ownership, and anything else to try and control others that are thousands of miles from where they live.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I could see your point if hundreds of thousands of them bought the proposed stamp and then joined together in some kind of collective gathering saying they have x amount of dollars involved in contributions and want a say in things.
    Thats exactly what they plan to do.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Apparition View Post
    Thats exactly what they plan to do.
    And how do you know that? Are you a clairvoyant?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 23 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Topgun 30-06 View Post
    And how do you know that? Are you a clairvoyant?
    Because that are wolfaboos and they will do anything they think might get them more control over FWP and stop us "sick blood thirsty trophy hunters from murdering wildlife because we enjoy killing". They are having some big gathering by north Yellowstone to promote non hunters having a say in wildlife management. The day non hunters start funding wild game in FPW will be a bad day as I see it.
    "Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I fee. One is the colors that fly high and proud The red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake With a simple statement made "Don't tread on me" is what it says and I'll take that to my grave. Because this is me. I'm proud to be American and strong in my beliefs. And I've said it before but I'll say it again 'Cause my family's always fought and died to save this land. And a country boy is all I'll ever be."