Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Topgun 30-06 View Post
    And how do you know that? Are you a clairvoyant?
    Nope, but I can read. Did you read any of those posts? They see this as a way to have a greater say in what the F/W does.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    MT's tag sales problem started when they did away with the outfitter tags and raised the NR price so they would make the same money. The only problem was alot of NR's, myself included, thought it was to high and stopped applying.
    Only a government body would not sell something and then raise the price. Can you imagine a retailer that isnt selling the number of widgets they need to stay solvent, and as a way to sell more they raise the price? Total idiocy!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Apparition View Post
    Nope, but I can read. Did you read any of those posts? They see this as a way to have a greater say in what the F/W does.
    Yes, I've read every post those nuts have made, but that doesn't mean what they think will ever happen. If it does, it's our own fault for letting it happen!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    The antis are all talk and never put their money where their mouth is. If, as some seem to believe, thousands are willing to buy these stamps, why don't they just buy all the hunting licenses and not hunt? Almost every state has a way for non-hunters to contribute - habitat stamps, conservation licenses, etc. Almost nobody but hunters buy these. It just doesn't happen. And when they don't buy the future wolf stamps, they will be shown for the blowhards they are, and we hunters will have gained.
    llp

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 21 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by llp View Post
    \why don't they just buy all the hunting licenses and not hunt?
    Dont give them any ideas, point creep is bad enough already! LOL
    Keystone 1, Over!

" I am lost in the dust of the chase that my life brings"

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by llp View Post
    The antis are all talk and never put their money where their mouth is. If, as some seem to believe, thousands are willing to buy these stamps, why don't they just buy all the hunting licenses and not hunt? Almost every state has a way for non-hunters to contribute - habitat stamps, conservation licenses, etc. Almost nobody but hunters buy these. It just doesn't happen. And when they don't buy the future wolf stamps, they will be shown for the blowhards they are, and we hunters will have gained.
    llp
    I have no idea where you live since you haven't filled out your profile, but you might want to get in the real world! Who do you think has spent millions delaying wolves from being delisted and then after that who has been spending millions more fighting it? Answer---Antis! Now we're awaiting more rulings in their continued fight againt Wyoming having the largest part of the state designated as a predator zone where we can shoot them on sight with no license or tags required. Depending on a Liberal Court ruling we could be right back in the same mess we were before the Wyoming plan was finally accepted and they were delisted. Who delayed grizzly bear delisting over the white pine bark cone question? Answer---Antis! Your statement is far from the truth and if it was anywhere near correct we wouldn't be having all these problems. The next big hassle will be within the next year when the Feds finalize their plans to delist grizzlies. See what happens with all those antis that don't put their money where their mouth is, LOL!!! You, Sir, are wearing blinders if you remotely believe what you stated in your opening sentence!!! Your statement would be accurate if you were talking about us, as hunters, but not antis!
    Last edited by Topgun 30-06; 07-05-2014 at 06:35 AM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 21 Times in 9 Posts
    If the anti groups like destroyers of wildlife tell them to buy wolf stamps they will sell like crazy. Look at the money they donate to these groups already.
    Keystone 1, Over!

" I am lost in the dust of the chase that my life brings"

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 35 Times in 2 Posts
    Hey TG,
    I don't buy the "we aren't carrying our weight argument". Have you ever heard of RMEF, Mule Deer Foundation, DU and dozens of other conservation groups funded by HUNTERS! Montana has out priced the tags by a long shot and now they are paying the piper. Not to mention MM is right, they were always either silent or extremely wishy washy on the wolf issue from the get go. You see they forgot who has funded their Govt. organization for the last 100 years and bit the hand that feeds them. They should have been screaming to the heavens from the time the reintroduction was proposed. I do agree that residents need to take on more of the financial burden as far as tag prices go. I would be willing to pay a little more for tags in Colorado if they proposed a measure.
    A bad day in the woods is better than a good day at work.
    Shoot the best, Shoot PSE!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to In God We Trust For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by In God We Trust View Post
    Hey TG,
    I don't buy the "we aren't carrying our weight argument". Have you ever heard of RMEF, Mule Deer Foundation, DU and dozens of other conservation groups funded by HUNTERS! Montana has out priced the tags by a long shot and now they are paying the piper. Not to mention MM is right, they were always either silent or extremely wishy washy on the wolf issue from the get go. You see they forgot who has funded their Govt. organization for the last 100 years and bit the hand that feeds them. They should have been screaming to the heavens from the time the reintroduction was proposed. I do agree that residents need to take on more of the financial burden as far as tag prices go. I would be willing to pay a little more for tags in Colorado if they proposed a measure.
    We're not talking about anything other than funding the various state game departments that have for too long depended on NR fees to run their departments. That has now come back to bite them in the butt and it's their own fault. I also don't live in a cave and IMHO your question/comment about my knowledge of organizations was condescending and inappropriate. In fact, I belong to more than a couple of them! It's also very nice that you'd pay a "little more" for your tags and most residents of the western states should be paying "a lot more" for their tags and the game departments wouldn't be in the shape they are relying on NRs every year to stay afloat. Finally, screaming wouldn't have done any good when you're dealing with the Feds. It was actually Wyoming that held things up with the large predator zone they wanted in place and that stalled plans that Idaho and Montana had in place. They couldn't get anywhere on wolves until Wyoming was finally removed from the equation such that wolves could be delisted in the other two states.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 35 Times in 2 Posts
    That was in response to your "we talk the talk but don't walk the walk" comment. We do walk the walk through money to these groups and volunteering time with game counts through the Game and Fish Departments. As far as paying a lot more for our tags you don't pay a lot more for tags in Michigan, I don't see paying 40.00 for a deer combo as paying "a lot more". Actually the opposite is true of eastern hunters, your resident tags are cheap. I do pay a lot more when I hunt out of state and don't mind doing it as long as it isn't Montana prices. As far as them putting millions of dollars towards the cause, we do the same thing. All of the conservation groups funded by hunters have lobbyists looking out for our interests. The RMEF is a leader on controlling wolf populations. They don't spend more money then us, they judge shop in the 9th circuit and then sue to re-list wolves. They win the suits because of handpicked judges and then are reimbursed for all legal fees through tax dollars and this is what helps fund their cause.
    Last edited by In God We Trust; 07-06-2014 at 08:14 PM.
    A bad day in the woods is better than a good day at work.
    Shoot the best, Shoot PSE!