Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sheep Tag Raincheck

Did anyone hear about this or know what ever happened?

http://lmtribune.com/outdoors/articl...9816fa287.html

newguy220

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    first i heard of it??? how does that even happen? rain check? article doesnt give much info

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 11 Posts
    Would be nice to have some more info and what the circumstances were.
    "Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I fee. One is the colors that fly high and proud The red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake With a simple statement made "Don't tread on me" is what it says and I'll take that to my grave. Because this is me. I'm proud to be American and strong in my beliefs. And I've said it before but I'll say it again 'Cause my family's always fought and died to save this land. And a country boy is all I'll ever be."

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 2 Posts
    I remember this.. The hunter, from Washington, drew the tag, but never knew it, until the state sent him a request for harvest info. The hunter claimed that since he was never advised he drew the tag, that he should get a rain check.. Apparently, they obliged.

Pretty handy information to know, for when I finally draw a limited entry tag in Idaho. If I don't find the animal I want, at the end of the season, I'll just get a rain check for next year!!
    My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    yeah thats fishy, who puts in for a trophie species like that and doesnt check if was drawn or not? unless this person was really sick or serving our country then this is just crazy. like fink said, if i dont harvest the animal i want ill just say i didnt know i drew. i dont like the sounds of this but ill be optimistic and assume there is more to this story.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 57 Times in 8 Posts
    You'd think he would start wondering about his refund check as well. You have to front the non-resident tag fee.
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin/Stone (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)

Thanks
    Congratulations
    As I've been looking for more information, I ran across what Fink said.

I'm with UH on this, I'd think you would want to know where your $2100 is or a tag.

The thing that makes me mad if they actually issue or already issued this guy a rain check because it states above the application form that, "Drawing results: It is the responsibility of the hunter to find out whether he or she was successful in drawing a controlled hunt." That right there means this guys shouldn't get a rain check.

newguy220

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 11 Posts
    I wonder if they messed up and sent him a refund when he should have got a tag?
    "Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I fee. One is the colors that fly high and proud The red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake With a simple statement made "Don't tread on me" is what it says and I'll take that to my grave. Because this is me. I'm proud to be American and strong in my beliefs. And I've said it before but I'll say it again 'Cause my family's always fought and died to save this land. And a country boy is all I'll ever be."

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    I wonder if they messed up and sent him a refund when he should have got a tag?
    It would be interesting to know the outcome because it all seems fishy to me.

newguy220

Thanks
    Congratulations
    People do get busy etc...

I'd like to see a hunter able to return the tag and have their points reinstated, and the next year simply go into the draw as a normal applicant, maybe with a limit of 1 or 2x per hunter max though.

but man! imagine losing all your sheep points, then finding out you drew and not getting your points back etc...!? probably a lawsuit if that were truly the case for returned fees etc...