Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

WY Supertags? Bogus?

If I am chosen as the supertag winner I have to then pay the full license fee?

Doesn't seem like much of a raffle... (especially when talking out of state license fees)

I believe most other states with similar raffles give you the tag for the cost of entry, ie $10 etc...

I understand the perks;
    keep your bonus pts
    hunt any unit just about

am I by chance confusing the cost of the hunting license with say the tag/permit fees?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    It's strictly a way for them to try and make up some money that the G&F budget really needs. If a person does not read the information given that they still have to pay all the tag fees, etc. if they are drawn for any hunt, it would be their own fault because it's up front if you read the section on the website regarding those raffle tags. It is certainly expensive to buy any of the big name tags (sheep, moose, elk) if you're a NR like you would have to do, but it is what it is, just another chance at buying a tag. No, you're not confusing anything because Wyoming really doesn't have a hunting license as such. Each animal you want to hunt has a license/tag fee and each person also needs to buy a $12.50 Conservation Stamp to legally hunt.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Its a 10 dollar lottery ticket for a chance to buy a tag. I would be more than happy to pay the purchase price of the tag (and the extra 10 bucks) to be able to hunt just about any unit...........

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Don K For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    I was going to put in for the trifecta tag until I read I had to pay for the tags (non resident). I ended up just buying an Elk chance. That would be a big disappointment to win the tag without knowing about the fine print.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to buckbull For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I'd be happy to draw it, even if I had to pay. It would be much better if they gave you the tag, but what the heck, look at the season!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I ended up just putting in for sheep&goat, would love to hunt all of them, but already have an antelope hunt this fall, so decided to just put in for one of those if I won it, I'd make it happen tags.

plus I don't build pts/apply for sheep or goat in WY.

Thanks for the clarification guys.

I agree it's still probably worth it, just would be more awesome if the tag was free.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    It would be awesome if the tags were free (Idaho super hunt tags are), but it is still a great opportunity.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by buckbull View Post
    I was going to put in for the trifecta tag until I read I had to pay for the tags (non resident). I ended up just buying an Elk chance. That would be a big disappointment to win the tag without knowing about the fine print.
    There is really no reason to be disappointed like you stated because it's right there in legible RED print to draw attention to the fact that you have to buy the tag if you're a winner. I think in the future they would be smart to drop the fee and do like other states. I would bet many NRs don't enter because the tag has to be purchased and if it was just the entry fee they would easily make up the money those licenses cost and make even more profit. Time will tell I guess, but I've heard they are happy with sales in this first year.
    Last edited by Topgun 30-06; 07-01-2014 at 01:33 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    The last thing on Earth that I would be complaining about, if I was just awarded the privilege to hunt any WY unit, during any open season, would be the piddly price of a non resident tag.
    My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Fink For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fink View Post
    The last thing on Earth that I would be complaining about, if I was just awarded the privilege to hunt any WY unit, during any open season, would be the piddly price of a non resident tag.
    i agree!!!