Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Stabilizer & Drop Away Rest?

Any suggestions on what you think is the best or your favorite stabilizer for a hunting bow?

I saw one with a weight at the very tip, not sure of the name, thought that looked nice and made sense for stabilizing, but open to ideas/suggestions, my current one is a NAP shockblocker, with the rubber ends to help dampen vibration etc...? although My matthews bow already has those rubber dampers, so think a more solid stabilizer might make more sense?

Also what's the deal with drop away rests? Not sure I want one, but the QAD looks nice.
    I use a NAP quick tune.

Are they louder?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Bee stinger makes a stabilizer like you described. I use the 10 inch on my bow and I am very happy with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 35 Times in 5 Posts
    +1 on the Bee Stinger rest. I use the Bee Stinger Sport Hunter with 3 weights on the end. A stabilizer is nice to help dampen hand shock or vibration, but you are really using it to "stabilize" the bow. Ideally with a stabilizer on the bow you should notice it "sit" a little better in your outstretched hand and as you are holding it and it shouldn't float as much in that outstretched hand. After the shot, the stabilizer will probably help gently rock the bow forward vs without my bows fall backward.

As for the drop away rest. I love mine. I've shot both the QAD and the Ripcord Red. I like both but I like my Ripcord a little better that I am shooting now. I definetly would not say they are loud. If set-up properly they won't make contact with the arrow after the shot and mine don't hit the riser hard enough on the fall to make any noise either. I made the switch from a NAP quick tune 3 years ago. I wish I would have changed a little sooner. I immediately noticed a slight improvement on my shots.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 10 Times in 2 Posts
    The stabilizer is more for, well, stabilization. Todays bows are already "quiet" equiped. Find one that helps stabilize your long range shots. This starts to become important, for most people, at 40+ yds. Length is more important than the weight. The balance of the weight away from the bow is what will assist your form, thus it will feel like more the further a lighter weight is away from the riser.

The QAD is a very good rest. I like it over the rip cord simpley because you can let down easy and the rest stays up so you are ready to go without resetting the rest, reshelfing the arrow, or making arrow contact noise. Not sure why ripcord has not upgraded yet. (unless they have recently and I've missed it). Makes no sense to me why they would not want to improve their product...
    Both are great, just the QAD has the added bonus feature, which i find to be very important. IMHO

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 22 Times in 2 Posts
    I really like my QAD Ultra HD. And the best stab I have ever owned is a Stokerized SS1, but there may be better stabs on the market these days. I have never wanted another so I haven't looked. It balances my bow perfectly, and off sets the weight of the quiver by design.
    "I love my country, I love my guns, I love my family, I love the way it is now, and anybody that tries to change it has to come through me, that should be all of our attitudes, cause this is America!!"
    - Charlie Daniels

"Most democrats in WY are not like other democrats (they actually like babies, guns, and the constitution)"
    - AT Hiker

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I love my B-stinger pro hunter 8.5" with 8 oz weight! It really helps to hold steady at those longer distances. I got mine for $30 on camofire!!! I also shoot the trophy taker xtreme sl rest (the affordable one) and love it. It is much lighter because it is plastic and plenty durable for mountain hunting. You can pick it up for about $40 or so

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 13 Times in 7 Posts
    My favorite stabs are the carbon blades, bstinger sport hunter xtremes and doinkers. For rest I love my pro v but can't go wrong with NAP, QAD, or trophy taker
    2013 spyder turbo, 70lbs black out and 2013 pse omen max 60# stormy hardwoods green
    Limbdriver Pro V, Tight spot quiver, Single pin Hogg Father, Fuse carbon blade.
    Scott longhorn 3, Easton FMJ's

AKA: Velvet Feather

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I like the 8" Bee-Stinger Sport Hunter and the Trophy Taker Smackdown Pro. I have also used the QAD rests, and they work fine.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    If I buy a bee stinger, do I have to use ALL of the weights? or can I just use what I select?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 13 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskyMusky View Post
    If I buy a bee stinger, do I have to use ALL of the weights? or can I just use what I select?
    You can take the weights off they have or you can buy more and load it up. The screw that you tighten the weights on can lengthen for more weights or go in to hold a weight or 2.
    2013 spyder turbo, 70lbs black out and 2013 pse omen max 60# stormy hardwoods green
    Limbdriver Pro V, Tight spot quiver, Single pin Hogg Father, Fuse carbon blade.
    Scott longhorn 3, Easton FMJ's

AKA: Velvet Feather