Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

NV - Antelope help

hey guys,
    I'm asking for any help or tips you can give me on for my much anticipated antelope tag in (65,142,144). Given my time constraints, I don't post a lot of things on the forum, so I know I need to give to receive. I'm a SE Idaho hunter and taxidermist and I am willing to trade some info (hard to compare ID to NV, but it's all I've got). I've also spent a lot of time antelope hunting WY units 87,89,90,91, and 106 if you need any info on those units.

Thanks

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I don't know much about the lay of the land down there but for me antelope hunting is all about opportunity.

Sure you could scout out a stud buck before the opener but there may be little to no opportunity.

As for my experience a few years back the good bucks were with does and the little bucks were loners. So if you see a group there stands a chance of having one stud. If you see a loner likely a small buck. No bachelor groups

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 11 Posts
    Congrats on the tag! Which season did you draw?
    "Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I fee. One is the colors that fly high and proud The red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake With a simple statement made "Don't tread on me" is what it says and I'll take that to my grave. Because this is me. I'm proud to be American and strong in my beliefs. And I've said it before but I'll say it again 'Cause my family's always fought and died to save this land. And a country boy is all I'll ever be."

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    Congrats on the tag! Which season did you draw?
    I drew the rifle season. Aug 22 - Sept 5

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have a late rifle tag in 041/042 this year! Hoping to go scouting soon, I dont know much about NV other then driving through on the main highways.
    "Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I fee. One is the colors that fly high and proud The red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake With a simple statement made "Don't tread on me" is what it says and I'll take that to my grave. Because this is me. I'm proud to be American and strong in my beliefs. And I've said it before but I'll say it again 'Cause my family's always fought and died to save this land. And a country boy is all I'll ever be."

Thanks
    Congratulations
    That's cool. I read in your post that you had drawn that tag. I think it will be a good hunt. I put in for that same unit as my first choice (the early hunt) and obviously didn't get it. I'm excited to see how you do on your hunt. Our Idaho season starts on the 25th of Sept, and I know the rut is usually in full motion. I had a feeling I was gonna draw my ID tag, so I didn't put in for that later hunt in NV (my crystal ball was right this time). I think there will be some big bucks come out of hiding during your hunt. Every state seems to be different, so I don't know. In MT, and WY, the main rut seems to be a week or so later than ID from my experience.

I have no idea how NV antelope operate, but I'm sure if they see you first, they will run very fast. Good luck anyway!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 13 Times in 7 Posts

NV - Antelope help

I was out in 031 and a buck was already dogging a doe last weekend. The rut will usually be in full motion come the rifle we hunt. A good mature buck already had his does bunched up into about 20. Seems the bucks are getting their groups together now and from August first to yours they could be rutting. Younger bucks are starting to be loners but some are in groups. Just glass every antelope you find, some loners could be big bucks or youngsters.
    2013 spyder turbo, 70lbs black out and 2013 pse omen max 60# stormy hardwoods green
    Limbdriver Pro V, Tight spot quiver, Single pin Hogg Father, Fuse carbon blade.
    Scott longhorn 3, Easton FMJ's

AKA: Velvet Feather

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I keep applying in ID but havent drawn anything except deer yet. I didnt apply this year when I found out I drew the NV tag. Cant wait to go hunting