Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Magazine

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    In my magazine, the story "Learning Curve", placed in Wyoming, the last sentences at the end of the first two columns are cut off. Kind of leaves it to you to finish what he was saying!! Just starts with a new paragraph at the top of the next column and next page.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 17 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by birdhunter View Post
    In my magazine, the story "Learning Curve", placed in Wyoming, the last sentences at the end of the first two columns are cut off. Kind of leaves it to you to finish what he was saying!! Just starts with a new paragraph at the top of the next column and next page.
    Same here. I'll be honest, about every issue I get has a glitch somewhere haha. I love the magazine, but they have some problems. A couple of issues ago they had to send me another copy. Every story was jumbled page to page and doubled too, leaving out half of the content all together. One story would start and jump into the middle of another story, never finishing the original. Then it repeated the sequence. I believe the last Hunting Journal left out my MRS too. I didn't even bother asking for another copy on that one though.
    "I love my country, I love my guns, I love my family, I love the way it is now, and anybody that tries to change it has to come through me, that should be all of our attitudes, cause this is America!!"
    - Charlie Daniels

"Most democrats in WY are not like other democrats (they actually like babies, guns, and the constitution)"
    - AT Hiker

Thanks
    Congratulations
    It was a great issue though!

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 18 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobbhunts View Post
    Same here. I'll be honest, about every issue I get has a glitch somewhere haha. I love the magazine, but they have some problems. A couple of issues ago they had to send me another copy. Every story was jumbled page to page and doubled too, leaving out half of the content all together. One story would start and jump into the middle of another story, never finishing the original. Then it repeated the sequence. I believe the last Hunting Journal left out my MRS too. I didn't even bother asking for another copy on that one though.
    Send me a PM with your address Cobb.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Gentlemen,

Thank you for being so astute. We did find this error but it was to late. It was an issue with the design elements in the article pushing text into a space where we didn't catch it (until it was too late) and the software autocorrect functions couldn't see it either. We didn't even realize the program could do such things and we added this potential issue to the final check punch list. As always we do our very best to make the magazines 110% but some things inevitably get through, as we are all human. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this phase of restructuring the journals. We hope you are enjoying the new things we are trying. Let me know if you find anything else as I am always here to help and make these journals the best they can be.
    Managing Editor
    Eastmans' Hunting Journals

6. The Following User Says Thank You to D.Turvey, Jr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    The headline doesn't say the state Zach was in, but the first two paragraphs of his story line says he lives in Arizona and hunts the high country there every year where that buck was taken. Did anyone catch the picture and caption in the article with his uncle Randy Ulmer and the big velvet buck he took shortly before Zach's hunt? In all honesty, for a top rate magazine like both of the ones Eastmans puts out there are way too many mistakes. I think they need a lot better proof reader(s) than whomever is doing it now. Things like Cobbhunts mentioned happen in about every issue I get and I just shake my head and keep renewing, LOL!
    Last edited by Topgun 30-06; 07-07-2014 at 10:54 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Topgun 30-06 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 17 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottR View Post
    Send me a PM with your address Cobb.
    I will. I'd like to reiterate that every time I've had a problem, and let Melanie know about it, I promptly received a new copy. Like within a couple of days which I find astonishing. I think its the best magazine I've ever subscribed to. And I read every one cover to cover. Mistakes happen, but they've always made it right by me. You guys/gals do a great job overall and I appreciate the great customer service that Melanie has provided to me thus far. I just wish I'd found the magazine sooner. Its great.

Note: by magazine I mean both Journals. I subscribe to both and just lump them into one when discussing the topic.
    "I love my country, I love my guns, I love my family, I love the way it is now, and anybody that tries to change it has to come through me, that should be all of our attitudes, cause this is America!!"
    - Charlie Daniels

"Most democrats in WY are not like other democrats (they actually like babies, guns, and the constitution)"
    - AT Hiker

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 18 Times in 7 Posts
    We will get you taken care of on this one too. We appreciate feedback guys and aren't above fixing mistakes where we can. Melanie does a good job and will be in contact with you shortly on this one too Cobb.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ScottR For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I love the magazine. Being from Wyoming, I take pride that a company like this exists in the state. Yes, everyone makes mistakes. Its no problem in my eyes. I will keep renewing just for the info I get from the mrs reports. Yep, it sucks finding out the story is cut short, that's just the way it goes sometimes. Keep up the good work.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Topgun 30-06 View Post
    The headline doesn't say the state Zach was in, but the first two paragraphs of his story line says he lives in Arizona and hunts the high country there every year where that buck was taken. Did anyone catch the picture and caption in the article with his uncle Randy Ulmer and the big velvet buck he took shortly before Zach's hunt? In all honesty, for a top rate magazine like both of the ones Eastmans puts out there are way too many mistakes. I think they need a lot better proof reader(s) than whomever is doing it now. Things like Cobbhunts mentioned happen in about every issue I get and I just shake my head and keep renewing, LOL!
    As serious and dedicated of hunters as you all are and at the authors request, we intentionally left out the state. If you look at page 28 in EHJ 143 we also blurred out the unit group in the image of Cody Carlon's tag and he didn't request that, we took the extra step. Though most of these hunts in the journals take place on public land, we do our best to maintain the sovereignty of your hard-found spots as we know how competitive this sport is and is becoming. Good hunting spots are getting harder and harder to find. I hope this sheds some light on your observation. If there's anything else let me know, I'd be happy to talk about it.
    Managing Editor
    Eastmans' Hunting Journals

14. The Following User Says Thank You to D.Turvey, Jr For This Useful Post: