Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Some guys have all the fun! Enjoy!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 10 Times in 6 Posts
    Diamond Lake for rainbow trout. Small treble hook, 3 feet of leader, swivel, small sliding egg sinker. Use rainbow floating Power Bait. It is usually easy fishing for fat fish. They have boat rentals.

It is on your way to Crater Lake, a national park.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Diamo...81890038492439
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin/Stone (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Woodburn dragstrip possibly. Not too far from you! Possibly the speed boats just south of Albany.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Must have found something to do. I hope your having a great time in Oregon.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Went to Rockaway beach, hit the cheese factory, the jerky store, went to some waterfalls, and then into Vancouver Washington for dinner. Drove what seemed like 7 hours yesterday. Today we are just hanging out at the farm picking blueberries. Had 2 nice whitetail bucks in the driveway this morning. Going to get up early tomorrow and see if I can get some pics of them. Thanks for all of the suggestions. The wife wants to head towards California tomorrow, then on to Nevada. Oregon is a beautiful place!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Shoot STR8

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Here are some places you will be near (in order):

Northern Roseburg just barely to the East of where I-5 crosses the North Umpqua is a fish ladder at the dam. If you take the short hike down, you will have glass windows and can see the salmon and steelhead that are headed up river.

Also in Roseburg, Sherms Market sells huge cheap hand dipped Umpqua Ice Cream cones. Very good ice cream.

Kaleidoscope Pizza in Medford is amazing (best rated restaurant in Medford, second best pizza I've eaten). Very close to there is the hub of where the welded aluminum boat manufacturers build their boats. These are the river and ocean boats used all over the NW. Willie, Boulton and Rogue Boats is right there. Also close by is a Sportsman's Warehouse with the NW flare.

The jet boats at Gold Beach Oregon are amazing, but a bit spendy, like $120 per person and include a nice meal. I believe there is also a jet boat ride (Hellgate Jetboat Excursions) that is closer to Grants Pass but I have never gone in to the Rogue River from the east side. If you go on either trip, MAKE SURE you are on a trip that runs the whitewater, cause that is what makes it fun. Very memorable.

Northern California, nearer to the coast has the redwoods. Amazing place to see. Jedediah Smith is some of the best.

Several Eastman's guys are from Reno. Lake Tahoe is near Reno.

In Nevada there are several Basque restaurants, kinda famous in the area.
    Last edited by Umpqua Hunter; 07-09-2014 at 02:28 PM.
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin/Stone (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Another option is to turn east on Highway 138 in Roseburg and head up the North Umpqua (where I live). I think this may be the most scenic area in Oregon.

Fuel up in Roseburg or Glide!!

At around Mile 16 or 17 is Colliding Rivers, one of the only places in the world that two rivers collide head on. Most dramatic in the winter though.

Around milepost 18 is Munchies, a small town place for a good burger and fries.

For the next 30 miles or so the highway runs along the North Umpqua River, gorgeous country. You will likely see people fishing for salmon and steelhead.

At milepost 38 is Steamboat Inn. They have some high end cottages on the North Umpqua. This is where author Zane Grey hung out. This is a famous steelhead fly fishing spot.

Around milepost 78 is Diamond Lake, excellent lake for easy trout fishing. There are cabins and camping there.

Past that is Crater Lake National Park. A huge lodge is there. Gorgeous scenery.

We like to head on over to Silver Lake to Cowboys Dinner Tree. They serve dinner I believe Thursdays through Sundays only. You have to have reservations. Cool spot in the middle of nowhere.

Stay at Summer Lake Hot Springs in a cabin (with kitchen) or camp or RV hookups. Soak in the hot springs. Make sure you buy your groceries like in Roseburg, because you are in the middle of nowhere.

From there head down towards Lakeview. From there down to Susanville or over to Winnemucca.
    Last edited by Umpqua Hunter; 07-09-2014 at 01:44 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Dang UH, I wanna go on a road trip now!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Timberstalker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Umpqua thank you so much for the info people like you are what make this forum one of the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Shoot STR8

11. The Following User Says Thank You to RUTTIN For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberstalker View Post
    Dang UH, I wanna go on a road trip now!
    That's part of how I get my wife to fish and hunt with me. Hit the cool spots along the way.