Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 76 Times in 10 Posts

Arrow New Elk hunting partner......

For this year!! I am excited but cautious about having someone elk hunting with me this year. I put the word out a few years ago that I was interested in having someone else hunt with me. It has taken a while but I think I have found someone that has has the passion for hunting like I do.
    I have been hunting solo since my Elk hunting partner of 15 years passed away some years ago. It will be a change for me and have mixed feelings about it. I am looking forward to having someone else along for archery season. We will see how it goes this season. It has been tough trying to find someone that will have the drive and excitement about Elk hunting like I do.
    Anyone else have a hard time finding another that is as passionate and committed about elk Hunting?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 40 Times in 6 Posts
    I have an amazing friend that is just as crazy about it as I am but life gets in the way... He owns two restaurants and has 3 kids. I work a full time job and have 2 kids... Very hard to connect on hunts or anything very often.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    25C - I've been looking for a good one for several years now. I hope it works out for you. Good luck this fall.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    A good hunting partner is about as hard as finding a spouse with both relationships being very special.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 10 Times in 2 Posts
    I've been lucky to have a few really good ones over the years. My brother and brother-in-law being two of them. These guys are super and amazingly team oriented and unselfish. I do my best to return the favor.Everyone will push their self to the limit. I will say I usually have to get everyone put in and make a plan, but from there on out everyone goes all out!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Don K View Post
    A good hunting partner is about as hard as finding a spouse with both relationships being very special.
    Very true. Outside of family.... I've hunted with a lot of guys but have only one true hunting partner.
    Brave Rifles & Toujours Pret!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 39 Times in 5 Posts
    Good luck 25, I get what you mean. Finding a hunting partner is tough, I do a lot of hunting solo too. I was planning on going to Wyoming solo this year, thankfully my younger brother decided he wanted to tag along. He's not real big into hunting, but we get along very well. I'm kind of relieved I have company on this trip.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 22 Times in 2 Posts
    That's awesome to get a hunting partner that shares the same values and drive you do. I found one last year. We are going on our first elk hunt this year. It also helps that it makes it a little cheaper!
    Now therefore, please take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me.
    Genesis 27:3 (NKJV)

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 12 Times in 5 Posts
    hope everthing works out for you 25, i havent found a hunting partner yet to travel out west with me every year yet so i have been just hunting with my wife around the area i live, But would be nice to have a person that has such a passion like us for the outdoors to enjoy your hunting experience with. Good luck

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 21 Times in 1 Post
    Happy to hear that 25C, I hope it works out for you both. I am starting to search as well, my long time hunting partners/mentors are getting up there in age and cant huff it around the mountains anymore. There seems to be a lot of good guys on here looking for hunting partners...hopefully we all get lucky!