Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 17 Times in 3 Posts
    It is definitely tough to find someone to commit especially when we will be gone for almost three weeks. I have talked with him and met with him a few times. I am going to have him over the house to go over the area gear lists etc in a week or so. He is very excited this being his first Elk hunt. That is a good sign. He has his license and necessary permits as well. When I talked to him I did not sugar coat the hunt as it is a tough one and not a easy place to hunt. I also mentioned that he will more than likely get his opportunity. This is a place I have hunted for many years and killed my far share of elk. I know it well. I like the comment about the spouse. My wife asked me if I thought it would work out as she really wants me to find someone to go. I told her there is only one way to find out!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Good luck to you 25. It's sure is tough to find the rite guys to hunt with especially when your hunting in your own honey hole and have them keep your secret to themselves. Trust in more ways then one can be hard to find.
    I don't Break the rules, I Modify them.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I think that this is a big thing for me to get over. I do believe that the older I get it is not as much of a concern. We have talked about that and I feel comfortable in the trust area as he hunts pretty much on his own.I guess time will tell. He has been putting in for a few states but has had no luck in the drawings. This is a general tag so luckily he was able to get one after we talked a few times. This will also allow me to do a little more video which has been tough on solo trips over the years!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeepitcold View Post
    Good luck to you 25. It's sure is tough to find the rite guys to hunt with especially when your hunting in your own honey hole and have them keep your secret to themselves. Trust in more ways then one can be hard to find.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I would have a hard time commiting to 3 weeks, your very lucky to have found a guy who has that kind of time to hunt.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 25 Times in 1 Post
    Congratulations 25, I have had a tough time finding someone who wants to commit to a week and a half every year. I hope it goes well for you and that it is the start of a great partnership!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Over the years I have done two weeks but since I am driving this year I thought it would be nice to take a little more time. It is tough to find someone to commit to that length of time. I guess I just like to take my time and enjoy the hunt. Driving just opens up some other options that I might not have otherwise.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats.. With the 3 weeks I can see that being a bit hard for a bunch of people. Finding someone with the drive and also the mentality to keep each other going can be hard at times. It is safer to have a partner even if it might be your wife/gf who decides to sleepin that morning back at the truck/camp. LOL

I'll more than likely be hitting it solo this year so might try out a new area. Already learned a rental car isn't suitable to get back to the spot I want to get to due to the roads.. oops..

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by xziang View Post
    Congrats.. With the 3 weeks I can see that being a bit hard for a bunch of people. Finding someone with the drive and also the mentality to keep each other going can be hard at times. It is safer to have a partner even if it might be your wife/gf who decides to sleepin that morning back at the truck/camp. LOL

I'll more than likely be hitting it solo this year so might try out a new area. Already learned a rental car isn't suitable to get back to the spot I want to get to due to the roads.. oops..
    I wish I could get my wife to go!! I have tried for many years. Her idea of the great outdoors is staying at the Marriott!! And she will tell you that! I love doing the solo hunts but there is something to be said about having someone else with you. It gives both of you more options.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    I sure hope everything works out for you. I lost my hunting partner several years back and have hunted a lot solo since then. I am retired and don't have a problem taking all the time I need and that sometimes is a problem for guys I've hunted with who work. I also do a few guided hunts...solo because lots of my friends don't want to spend the money, but at 72 I realize my hunting days are numbered (like I hunt now) and really don't care about spending $$$$ for hunting!
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 1 Post
    My new hunting partner has 1 more year, then it will all be about her.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404956106.683949.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	9.5 KB 
ID:	10010
    Can't wait.