Congratulations
    Congratulated 40 Times in 6 Posts
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MVC-074X.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	10358
    Quote Originally Posted by ivorytip View Post
    these animals are pretty damn strong, 3 years ago my buddy shot a 5x bull and lost blood trail. the next year he and another buddy were hunting back in there and he shot a 6x6, while dressing him we found 5" of an arrow shaft with Brodhead that was in the front shoulder. it was his arrow shaft from the year before. we knew it was his because of his wraps he uses at bottom of shaft. I was dumbfounded, the entrance wound was healed up but scar tissue was crazy.
    I don't know why the friend of the OP would do a photoshop like a lot of the members say that photo is! The photo is hard to believe but I believe in the old saying to never say never. Animals can take some unreal shots and survive. This may well be one for the books, but there is a spot that can miss all the vitals and allow an animal to survive. With a hole like that where you can see all the way through the animal I don't know how the wound could have healed internally to the front and rear for the animal to survive though. My Dad shot a doe when he was a GW at Fort Custer, MI back in the 60s in November that had a broadhead sticking out of the left eye socket and the shaft was broken off on the right side behind her ear. She was stumbling around and had been shot about a month earlier when they had a short bow season early in October. I also have a picture of a mulie buck (see attached) that I took back in September of 2003 in unit 15 in NM that has an arrow sticking out of the back of his neck area up pretty high, he was in perfect shape like it wasn't even there or bothering him. The picture in the OP is hard to figure out how an animal could live through that shot though!
    Last edited by Topgun 30-06; 08-24-2014 at 02:16 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    i keep looking at this pic, is that white spot that makes us think the holes goes clear through the body snow, or is that a rib?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 40 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ivorytip View Post
    i keep looking at this pic, is that white spot that makes us think the holes goes clear through the body snow, or is that a rib?
    I just reread the first two or three posts and the OP talked like it was taken by a friend and then I read further that he pulled it off the net and can't vouch for it's authenticity, so who knows. If it is real, it looks like the entry wound was on the right and is smaller where that white spot is that looks like snow and this near side is a lot bigger due to bullet expansion.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    There is no dead spot. There is no void. There is no Santa Clause, Tooth Fairy, or Bigfoot.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    woah!!! easy now,.....no bigfoot????? don't be a dream crusher wapitibob. ill find em.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ivorytip For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WapitiBob View Post
    There is no dead spot. There is no void. There is no Santa Clause, Tooth Fairy, or Bigfoot.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408932880.624963.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	44.8 KB 
ID:	10369 tough love it is!!!
    http://www.solooutdoor.com/ Contact me for used optic specials!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    haha, mike honcho is back!!!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ivorytip For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 23 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WapitiBob View Post
    Could be a Bigfoot.....(only in Idaho by ivorys house)
    "Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I fee. One is the colors that fly high and proud The red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake With a simple statement made "Don't tread on me" is what it says and I'll take that to my grave. Because this is me. I'm proud to be American and strong in my beliefs. And I've said it before but I'll say it again 'Cause my family's always fought and died to save this land. And a country boy is all I'll ever be."

Thanks
    Congratulations
    no dude, that's my sister, she gets out of the kennel every now and then

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ivorytip For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 23 Times in 10 Posts
    Mod please erase ivorys last post. I was perfectly happy thinking I saw Bigfoot and didnt need to know it was his sister! HAHAHA
    "Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I fee. One is the colors that fly high and proud The red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake With a simple statement made "Don't tread on me" is what it says and I'll take that to my grave. Because this is me. I'm proud to be American and strong in my beliefs. And I've said it before but I'll say it again 'Cause my family's always fought and died to save this land. And a country boy is all I'll ever be."

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Musket Man For This Useful Post: