Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bino harness

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Bino harness

whats everyone running for a harness ive used the S4 lockdown for a couple yrs now its suited me well but im always looking for something else. Lets here some pro's and con's! Anyone ever use the FHF harness Ive been eyeing them the most recently.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 67 Times in 8 Posts
    I've seen a Vortex pouch type on the Tv shows but haven't had one in my hands yet to check it out.
    I don't Break the rules, I Modify them.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Ive seen that to jason matzinger from into the high country has it. Think its just the FHF with a vortex logo on the front that he put on though.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Used the kuiu for a while. Really like the sleek design and ease of bino access. It's a great product and possibly the most comfortable I've used. Downside for me was the pouch/straps was attached to the bino. I like to throw the binos on a tripod whenever possible. And that function wasn't very doable with the kuiu. I've been using Fhf for some time now and really like it. It seems damn near fireproof. I like being able to leave the tripod adapter on the binos, whip em out and attach them to the tripod. The small pockets on the Fhf hold a havalon,tags,cleaning cloth and quick detach adapter for my tripod head. Downside of the Fhf is the noise while sliding the binos in and out. It's almost a thick silnylon material lining the inside and is a bit noisy. There both pretty easy to slip on and off the body once you get a routine down. And both are pretty easy to size when you start adding layers. I think I recall the kuiu being a bit more work to adjust. I think there were some (not sure if the verbage is correct) 3 bar type sliders that needed adjustment on the kuiu. I could be wrong though.
    http://www.solooutdoor.com/ Contact me for used optic specials!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 18 Times in 3 Posts
    I use the Horn Hunter large I believe that keep my 10x42's Swarovski el's just fine. They are very quiet, range finder connects to either side and it also has a small pouch on the back side. I tired the lockdown and the 10x42's didn't fit. My thoughts I hope this helps you out.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Thanks hardstalk good info on those maybe have to look into them for more rifle hunting only.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    sneakypete there are two different sizes for the S4 bino harness im suprised your 10x42's didnt fit i run vortex razor hd's and they fit well in the size large S4 harness. I like how easily adjustable they are and quick setup. They can be a little on the noisy side so i usually only run them for rifle hunting and run the cabelas hybrid binocular harness for bow hunting, but that doesnt offer any protection.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I had badlands for years. Lid flopped closed when you pulled out the binos. The top tips forward and becomes a dirt scoop when belly crawling for Antelope. I moved the top straps and it still sucked. I went with the KUIU recently. I use the pouch for antelope/elk hunting and use the elastic bino holder for archery shoots or scouting where I don't need full enclosure. It fits well enough that you don't have that feeling of a big bag hanging off your chest.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    S4 lockdown X bino harness for me! It is not bulky, protects your optics, and also makes them easy to access in quick glassing situations. The X on the back is really nice because it helps the harness not ride up as much and makes it more comfortable. Overall and excellent product!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 18 Times in 3 Posts
    Boehunter, i tried one. Not sure of the size and the horn hunter was right next to the S4 and I like the full containment plus it was was cheaper than the Badlands model. I guess it is just a personal preference. I like the fack when I pickup my harness not only do I have the bino's , but I have my rangefinder also. My thoughts.