Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bino harness

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I tried the S4 lockdown system and they just didn't work for me. Seemed like they put more pressure on back of neck and upper back then just a regular bino strap. Also didn't like the way they would continuously ride up while walking. Still on the search for something that works well for me. May have to look into the KUIU.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have used the FHF for the past year and really like it. It rides really well and protects binos well without to much bulk. This harness has no bounce at all which is nice. Also, you can attach your range finder pouch to this harness for quick access.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I just got word that my Kuiu harness that has been back ordered for the past month is going to ship, I can't wait!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I had the S4 but was never happy with it. Always rode up on my neck but they changed the design. Bought kuiu a few months ago and won't look back. Great product. Very comfortable. I really like the lightweight just hold down version

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by NVBird'n'Big View Post
    I just got word that my Kuiu harness that has been back ordered for the past month is going to ship, I can't wait!
    Watch their setup video if you haven't already. I found that the lower strap was key to fit and function, as in pretty snug. Those lid tensioners worked well also to ensure the lid snapped over my bino eye cups.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to WapitiBob For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Do any of these "better" harnesses use straps that are non elastic? I have a few issues with the elastic straps on my current "cheap" harnesses. My biggest complaint so far is from a failed stalk from the strap twanging like a guitar in the wind when I had the binos up to my face. I do like the how the elasticity aids in keeping my binos more sturdy when viewing, but failed stalk from a equipment issue is to much of a con for me to overlook. My next complaint is the bouncing of the binos when on horseback. Will any of these harnesses hold the binos sturdy against your chest while trotting on horseback?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    The FHF is made with nylon webbing (no elastic in harness) and has NO bounce at all. It is not as "minimalist" as the Kuiu harness, but I would not consider it bulky. I forget it is there while hiking since the binos stay close to your chest and the harness stays in place well.

It is quick and easy to remove binos from harness system as well to mount on a tripod if needed.

Hope that helps.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to LaHunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Sure does help. Thanks.