Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Going into this year he was sitting on 17.... Still a point short to draw 3d season Area 2, 10 or 201 and a couple down from Area 44 4th... To OP question where to go and season => hold until you get the tag you're looking for. No sense waiting that long then being compelled to burn them.
    Brave Rifles & Toujours Pret!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    It may have been the year or lack of water or possibly the fire on cold springs mtn from the 2012 but in 2013 my father and I hunted 201 for elk and we didn't see anything special at all for deer. Just my opinion but 18 points could be used in a better place than 201. The one dead deer we saw was a small typical 160" deer and we saw a few others but nothing over 150". That was during the middle of sept. Maybe later in the year the deer might come out of hiding?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    As great as Colorado is, I just don't understand wating close to 20 years, period. A person could have had mutiple high quality CO hunts during that time.

I particularly don't understand the huge line to hunt in Units 2 and 201. Moffatt County is #11 on the list of best counties for B&C mule deer in Colorado.
    Last edited by hoshour; 07-15-2014 at 10:25 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 13 Times in 1 Post
    I think I would go for a third season hunt in one of the units JPSeveland mentioned. The 4th season hunts are shorter and unless you know the unit real well, I would want more time to hunt after waiting all those years. Also, by 4th season many bucks are down in the private property. With that much time invested, I'd go a week early too and scout it out.

Moose
    Every hunting season you miss is one you can not make up.