Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Eberlestock Nosegunner

I just saw the Eberlestock Nosegunner advertised in the latest Eastmans' magazine and I'm very interested. I'm tired of carrying my handgun on my hip during archery hunts. Has anyone used the Nosegunner and what do you have to say about your experience?
    All Work And No Play Is No Good At All

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have not used one but tried one on in a store in Cody the other day and dropped in the binos I carry and the model revolver I use. Too Bulky for me with the revolver. I dropped in a 10mm Glock though and it was not bad. All in all a very functional piece of archery tackle. Too Bulky for a port arms type carry with a rifle to be comfortable. IMHO

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Grizz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Thanks Grizz! I haven't found one around me yet so it's good to hear that you did. How accessible would you say the handgun was? If you were to do a comparison with a Badlands, how does the size compare?
    All Work And No Play Is No Good At All

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Access to a handgun was very good but I would be leery of it falling out when leaning over too far... don't know for certain though. I wear the Badlands and the feel between the two was similar with the Nosegunner being a bit more bulky. The Nosegunner seemed quieter though. I don't know how many times those darn magnets in my Badlands have clanked shut and made me cringe. As for size they are very similar but as said, the nosegunner sticks out off the chest further and made me feel cluttered when I put on the same pack I wear with it. I'm never satisfied with my gear and always looking to do better. Am about ready to go back to the old Crooked Horn bino-sling for simplicity. I liked the idea of the nosegunner but not sure how it would work out in the field. Might have to buy one and try it, if I don't like it I'll sell it.

Note: I do find that I use my binos less when using any type of bino-vault due to having to dig them out versus the old fashioned sling system. Kinda like not drinking enough water when carrying a water bottle versus a hydration bladder. Access is everything!
    Last edited by Grizz; 09-15-2014 at 08:45 PM.