Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    560
    Thanks
    375
    Thanked 79 Times in 65 Posts
    Congratulations
    2
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Super tag results

    I wonder why the Wyoming G&F doesn't have the super tag winners posted on their website? I for one, would like to know who drew what tag. From what I've read, the G&F took in almost $700,000.00 for daily operations. I think they owe us some information.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Blue Springs, MO
    Posts
    1,026
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 160 Times in 122 Posts
    Congratulations
    3
    Congratulated 24 Times in 2 Posts
    Here ya go, posted on the site July 9th: http://wgfd.wyo.gov/web2011/news-1002144.aspx
    My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fink For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Dolores, Colorado
    Posts
    2,646
    Thanks
    187
    Thanked 451 Times in 337 Posts
    Congratulations
    23
    Congratulated 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shootbrownelk View Post
    From what I've read, the G&F took in almost $700,000.00 for daily operations. I think they owe us some information.
    If this is true, them it really ticks me off that they don't GIVE the winners their tags instead of making everyone pay for them. When I looked at the list, I noticed that a large percentage of the winners were Wyoming residents (almost 1/2), so no big impact from lost NR $$$ I guess as long as this situation stays this way, I won't be entering.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Colorado Cowboy For This Useful Post:


  6. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Posts
    311
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 76 Times in 55 Posts
    Congratulations
    3
    Congratulated 8 Times in 1 Post
    Dang, Its got to be a mistake I don't see my name on the list and I wasn't notified!!

  7. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Allegan, MI
    Posts
    1,250
    Thanks
    110
    Thanked 337 Times in 254 Posts
    Congratulations
    44
    Congratulated 47 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Cowboy View Post
    If this is true, them it really ticks me off that they don't GIVE the winners their tags instead of making everyone pay for them. When I looked at the list, I noticed that a large percentage of the winners were Wyoming residents (almost 1/2), so no big impact from lost NR $$$ I guess as long as this situation stays this way, I won't be entering.
    Man oh man, somebody always has to bitch about something! They designed it to be a money maker to get needed funds into the strapped G&F budget. They were upfront that the winners would have to buy their tags, so why raise such a fit?! They're not forcing anyone to buy tickets and they were up front with the money raised so what else would you like to know?

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Topgun 30-06 For This Useful Post:


  9. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    560
    Thanks
    375
    Thanked 79 Times in 65 Posts
    Congratulations
    2
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fink View Post
    Here ya go, posted on the site July 9th: http://wgfd.wyo.gov/web2011/news-1002144.aspx
    Thanks Fink, I couldn't find it on the G&F site.

  10. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Dolores, Colorado
    Posts
    2,646
    Thanks
    187
    Thanked 451 Times in 337 Posts
    Congratulations
    23
    Congratulated 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Topgun 30-06 View Post
    Man oh man, somebody always has to bitch about something! They designed it to be a money maker to get needed funds into the strapped G&F budget. They were upfront that the winners would have to buy their tags, so why raise such a fit?! They're not forcing anyone to buy tickets and they were up front with the money raised so what else would you like to know?
    First of all Pard, I'm entitled to my opinion (like you are) and know I am not alone with it. If Wyoming would have used a little marketing research, I'll bet they would find that they could have sold a lot more tickets if the buyer would NOT have to pay for the tag. Lots of organizations hold fund raising raffles and the winners get their prize with no strings attached. Yes it was stated in advance that the winners would have to pay, but I don't have to like it. That's why I didn't buy a ticket and won't in the future if the situation stays the same, one less entry, better odds for those that do buy one...
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

  11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Colorado Cowboy For This Useful Post:


  12. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Haworth Oklahoma
    Posts
    435
    Thanks
    49
    Thanked 47 Times in 43 Posts
    Congratulations
    4
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Cowboy View Post
    First of all Pard, I'm entitled to my opinion (like you are) and know I am not alone with it. If Wyoming would have used a little marketing research, I'll bet they would find that they could have sold a lot more tickets if the buyer would NOT have to pay for the tag. Lots of organizations hold fund raising raffles and the winners get their prize with no strings attached. Yes it was stated in advance that the winners would have to pay, but I don't have to like it. That's why I didn't buy a ticket and won't in the future if the situation stays the same, one less entry, better odds for those that do buy one...
    I agree 100% with the cowboy. Its not like it would be out of the realm of possibilities to do this. In the long run everyone would come out even if not ahead and it would serve all sportsmen more of an even share of the pie.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to swampokie For This Useful Post:


  14. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Dolores, Colorado
    Posts
    2,646
    Thanks
    187
    Thanked 451 Times in 337 Posts
    Congratulations
    23
    Congratulated 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swampokie View Post
    I agree 100% with the cowboy. Its not like it would be out of the realm of possibilities to do this. In the long run everyone would come out even if not ahead and it would serve all sportsmen more of an even share of the pie.
    I just ran some numbers. Even with the Trifecta tag picking the 3 most expensive NR tags (Sheep@$2252, Goat@$2152,Bison@$2502), the amount it would have cost WF&G would be $9,199.00 with the mix of R & NR tags drawn this year. 1000 additional tags at $10.00 would cover this. ( would have bought 10 of them).

    Just sayin.......
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

  15. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    530
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Imagine if you could draw a tag then raffle it off yourself... lottery or highest bidder

    and agreed if they took in $700k then next year that tag better be free! otherwise this non-res won't be entering.



    maybe if NR united and a court determined that a tag that was drawn is property of the drawer and therefore their property to do with... imagine that!
    Last edited by HuskyMusky; 07-14-2014 at 05:44 PM.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •