Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SansSouci View Post
    southernidahohunter,

I have yet to read a single negative comment from any poster on any Website about Tikka. Were I to want a new rifle, Tikka would probably get my first look.

BTW, I have just learned that my 40+ year old Model 700 is potentially dangerous. If it can't be made to be 100% safe, it's as good as gone & I'll replace it with probably a Tikka.
    There is (or used to be) a scathing review of the tikka on chuck hawks website. With that said, I own a tikka t3 hunter and love it. Light enough to carry in the mountains and very accurate with nosler partitions. I think the best economy rifle these days has to go to the weatherby vanguard 2.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I agree with woodtick. The 700 is the best action out there. I have several model 700's & they are my prefered rifle. I have a 700 SPS Stainless in a 300 Win Mag. It had the Xmark pro trigger, when I learned about the recall. I bought a new timney & changed it out. You can buy straight from timney. A black one is $134 & a nickel is $144. They are adjustable from 1.5 - 4 lbs. They will pre-set them where you tell them to. My advice to any one having problems is to start changing out parts. Put a timney or jewell trigger in it. Replace the barrel with a hart or shilen. Replace the stock with a Boyd or McMillan, ect....
    "Only two people have died for You and I, The American Soldier died for Our Freedom & Jesus Christ Died for Our Souls!" I thank GOD for them! GOD BLESS AMERICA!

NRA Life Member

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 21 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eberle View Post
    I agree with woodtick. The 700 is the best action out there.
    I completely disagree. The model 70 Win (or similar actions) is a much more reliable and much safer action. The safety is 100% reliable in the bolt locking the firing pin its self, not just in the trigger. The CRF is also more reliable and so is the extractor.
    Keystone 1, Over!

" I am lost in the dust of the chase that my life brings"

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    I completely disagree. The model 70 Win (or similar actions) is a much more reliable and much safer action. The safety is 100% reliable in the bolt locking the firing pin its self, not just in the trigger. The CRF is also more reliable and so is the extractor.
    this is true, realy doesnt get much better than the model 70

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ivorytip For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    IMHO the reason why so many people swear by the Remington action is because they have never picked up a CRF Model 70 to compare them. I'd be willing to bet that if that happened there would be a lot of Remington lovers that changed their mind about "the best action"!!! Again, IMHO the old Model 70 is THE BEST BOLT ACTION RIFLE EVER MADE!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Topgun 30-06 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have Winchester Pre 64 in a 264 Win Mag my Dad gave me. I still prefer a Model 700, that's what I started shooting when I was kid. I guess it's what you get use to & have faith in? Just my opinion......chevy, ford, dodge..... Same Argument! LOL
    "Only two people have died for You and I, The American Soldier died for Our Freedom & Jesus Christ Died for Our Souls!" I thank GOD for them! GOD BLESS AMERICA!

NRA Life Member

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 37 Times in 6 Posts
    I have several model 700s in different calibers. All of them shoot very good. I have other brands as well but have been very happy with the accuracy out of the 700s. No incidents here but I have been getting the letters... Not sure what I will do. Thanks for all the good input on this topic.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I really like my original tang safety Ruger M77. Bought it in 1975 and have shot 1000's of rounds thru it without any problems. The pre 64 M70 is a classic. Fit and finish cannot be duplicated today without spend lots of $$$.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Colorado Cowboy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 34 Times in 5 Posts
    Sorry about the ordeal you guys are having with your Remington's! Man what a pain. I think I will just keep my old Winchester M70's till I die.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Timberstalker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Topgun 30-06 View Post
    If it's that old it has the Walker "Fire Control" trigger in it that has resulted in over 20 lawsuits for deaths caused when the rifles fired without touching the trigger and people had them pointed in the wrong direction. There have also been many thousands of people that have had them fire that way and thank God they were being handled properly and nobody got hurt. I'd not take that gun out of the house again before I put an aftermarket trigger in it because you never know with the old trigger when it will malfunction and all it takes is one time!
    I had a "slam-fire" on a Remington 700 years and years ago. The one and only time, traded that one in. I only have 1 now because I inherited it from my best friend who passed.