Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Carson Buck Shot by NDOW

So the story behind this buck is that he got into a fight with a smaller buck (the buck that is in the picture with him). So during the fight the smaller buck's horns went through the Carson buck's horns and stabbed him. A Nevada Game Warden who was watching this figured that the Carson Buck was mortally wounded so he decided to put him down. The Warden said he shot the deer because he was afraid that someone was going to poach him because he was living very close to some house's outside of Carson City, Nevada. I dont know what he saw that made him decide that the buck was mortally wounded. I know this is not a rumor that the Warden shot the deer because me and my dad sat down and talked with him at the RME here in Reno. The buck's green score was 236 and he is 33 1/2" wide. Do you guys think that it was right for the Warden to shoot the deer or should he have let nature take its course.

"Elk dont know how many feet a horse has" - Bear Claw

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I don't have a problem with it as long as the story is true. It would be a shame to let this huge deer suffer and die and nobody find his impressive antlers. Also, I'm sure it will be displayed for lot's of people to see and not in some poachers basement.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 2 Posts
    No. The only warden in washoe is a village idiot. I hear a new story about him monthly being an idiot. What is also weird I recieved a different story on the buck from an ndow guy. Who knows.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Ifthe buck was mortally wounded and the warden had to put it down, I would of thought he would take photographs to document the wound and justify his cause. Are there more pics? One can sure argue that the deer should of been given a fair chance. If he was that hurt They should of been able to monitor him for a day or two then make a decision?? Thats how I feel about it. He's a great looking buck.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Yeah and the buck didn't live in town. He was pushed down the mountain from snow. It is true Carson knew him because he returns every winter for this reason. The story I heard was he was wounded by another buck but died in an undisclosed canyon and ndow found the dead head this spring . Who knows what the truth is. I will say these pictures surfaced this spring. I have another picture of him I will see if I can find it.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Here is another picture of him last year in the snow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311132772.348437.jpg  

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Drhorsepower View Post
    The story I heard was he was wounded by another buck but died in an undisclosed canyon and ndow found the dead head this spring.
    I wasn't sure if he was living in town but I definantly believe that he was pushed down the mountain from the snow. And we know for a fact that a NDOW warden shot him, me and my dad talked to the warden who shot the deer at the RMEF. If you have a Facebook and go on the Eastman's page, go through their pictures and they have the same picture you put up and somebody got a trail cam picture of the buck at night. Thanks for the Responses.
    "Elk dont know how many feet a horse has" - Bear Claw

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 4 Times in 3 Posts
    I don't have an issue with it if the warden believed it needed to be put down and can articulate the facts to supervision.......sounds like he was. He was there....we weren't.
    BOHNTR )))----------->

B&C / P&Y Official Measurer

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I do have a problem with it. He should have let nature take it course just like they would a 2-point. If they are afraid that someone will poach it then they could have put more surveillance on him. Also, a shed hunter could have found the dead head if he ended up dyeing. I think it was an illegal kill. fatrooster.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Actually it's not an illegal kill. There are certain provisions where wardens (and other law enforcement agencies) can dispatch animals that are injured to a point where they feel they will not recover. While I understand and respect what you're saying rooster, I still believe there must be some discretion when these situations occur. I know when I was a warden (before transferring to another agency) we had similar policies that were protected under law. Should we have the same consideration for animals hit by vehicles as well? (allow shed hunters to pick them up later) You see where this becomes sticky. I personally don't feel anyone would have a problem if it was two-point buck.......JMO of course.
    BOHNTR )))----------->

B&C / P&Y Official Measurer