Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Wow, that's awesome! Looked like to me that the arrow was at least burried to the fletchings which I would say was good penetration. I've shot deer in the chest and have watched others make that shot as well and have never had to track one farther than a hundred yards. And the blood trail you didn't have to be down on your hands and knees either. I'd definitely take that shot again but on elk maybe not farther than 30 yds

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    if i had a big bull within 30 from me front on, hes getting an arrow sunk in him. i need a go pro cam!!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 54 Times in 8 Posts
    I've seen that vid before and it's pretty darn amazing. I killed my first elk with a bow (mid 1980's) from directly behind the elk with a shot to the femoral artery. It looked like I was tracking the blood mobile from the swath of blood it left. These are very risky shots though and something I wouldn't do again. If you are off two or three inches to the side you have missed the vital areas and have a wounded animal.
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin/Stone (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Don't get me wrong, I'd rather have a broadside shot or quartering away and have 2 holes in the animal but a front shot at 25 yds i'll take it.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 23 Times in 1 Post
    I have a friend that swears by that shot says they bleed out crazy! This video proves it horner I'd still never feel comfortable with shot crazy video thanks for showing.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 12 Times in 5 Posts
    wow is right, i would rather have a broadside shot but whatever it take to put that big animal on the ground

Thanks
    Congratulations
    That was awesome!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I guess from what all the dedicated archers that have seen that video are saying, if you're up close enough and 100% confident that you can put that arrow between the front legs and on into the chest cavity it's obviously a deadly shot. I'm not in that category and would never attempt it!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 40 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Topgun 30-06 View Post
    I guess from what all the dedicated archers that have seen that video are saying, if you're up close enough and 100% confident that you can put that arrow between the front legs and on into the chest cavity it's obviously a deadly shot. I'm not in that category and would never attempt it!
    I consider myself a good shot and competent archer. That said I won't take this shot unless I have an elk at extremely close range- say less than 20 yards and I don't believe the animal will offer any better shot. I think this video shows a best case scenario for this shot angle and any error will result in a wounded animal.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 1 Post
    This is a good scenario to discuss. Bigdan on bowsite swears by this shot. The quartering frontal shot. Bigdan has more archery bull elk kills than most anyone. The shot is very effective just like some others. At 20 yards you should be able to precisely place an arrow. I will continue to take this shot.
    http://forums.bowsite.com/tf/bgforum...SAGES=211&FF=5

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Drelk For This Useful Post: