Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD#1 View Post
    Thanks SCOTTR, Sounds like you have a great job. If you see Mike Eastman tell him I have read every page of his book...twice. The Eastmans' appear to be great people. Seems like they are doing great things for the hunters of America. FORD#1
    Time to order Mike's deer and elk books
    "Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I fee. One is the colors that fly high and proud The red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake With a simple statement made "Don't tread on me" is what it says and I'll take that to my grave. Because this is me. I'm proud to be American and strong in my beliefs. And I've said it before but I'll say it again 'Cause my family's always fought and died to save this land. And a country boy is all I'll ever be."

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 6 Times in 1 Post
    Welcome from another Michigander.

Kevin

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Thanks IKEEPITCOLD, To make matters worse my brother was killed on Christmas day. Holidays were very difficult after that. My parents fell into deep depression every year from Thanksgiving well into the new year. Words cannot explain it. Years later my wife and I lost our 8 year old daughter to Leukemia. She would have been 20 years old this June. I wish I had the time back that I spent slurping Canadian Mist while staring out the window 4 hours at a time.
    Anyway, I realize this is a hunting forum and will not continue to dwell on my personal tragedies. I have put the past behind me, trading in the Devils brew for coffee, attending church sporadically, and helping out at the local soup kitchen on Christmas. I am excited to get back into hunting and enjoying the outdoors. We were unsuccessful in the 2014 Antelope draw, but I am trying to come up with an alternative hunt. If all else fails I am building an elevated 2 man hunting shack in Northern Michigan, with hope of watching my nephew enjoy his first hunt. Thanks again for the forum and to all those that have welcomed me. FORD#1

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 57 Times in 8 Posts
    FORD, welcome to the forum! I can empathize with your loss. My family lost my 16 year old sister in an auto accident just weeks before I was born. I've lost both parents in auto accidents, and have been through a tragic divorce. Knowing the Lord brings a lot of perspective to tragedies in life. Looking forward to getting to know you more through the forum.
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin/Stone (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Welcome FORD from another michigander. That is a heck of a story. Sorry for your lose but thankfully you have been able to move on and pass on this great passion of hunting. I love this state some of the best outdoor recreation in the country. Good luck for 2015

Thanks
    Congratulations
    marcusvdk, Thanks for the welcome. You are right about Michigan. There are no excuses to be bored in this state. The majority of my 401 will be spent here. Hopefully I will be able to spend time in Montana, Wyoming, and Colorado chasing Antelope, Deer and Elk. Thanks for taking the time to make me feel welcome. FORD#1