Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

2014 Antelope area 38

Hey guys...got tags in are 308 this year. Kinda nervous about it. I have a great landowner who has let me and my brother in law hunt for the past 4 years in area 34 off of 313. More land and antelope than ever. We are camping at his place this year but have tags in 38 and doesn't look real antelope friendly. Anyone have any public land info or know and good land owner. We have 3 antelope doe tags each

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 40 Times in 6 Posts
    Chad,

I harvested 3 antelope in this area last year on public. The public land is very limited and I have already sent a couple of guys to the land I am aware of. Would hate to have you guys stepping on each others toes... My recommendation would be to wait about a week into season and then go. Since you aren't hunting bucks there isn't any reason to be a part of the chaos that is opening weekend. Contact the Laramie Wyoming Game and Fish office for a list of landowners. There are some that allow hunting and others that charge a trespass fee. Also, there should be hunter management areas available later in the season for you to hunt on. It would also benefit you to talk to the local warden as he may have information that the office doesn't have.

Please head over to the new members section and introduce yourself. Lots of nice people on here sharing great stuff... would love to have you contribute.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yeah I tried obtaining a list for unit 38, they ended up giving me five landowners, two of the numbers were out of business and the rest told me that wanted to be taken off the list.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 40 Times in 6 Posts
    Man the doe tags sold out in this area fast... and there was a gob of them. Hope the hunters remain spread out or it will be a real mess. Guys make sure you have plenty of hunter orange... I think in the future WGF needs to run some of the doe/fawn hunts a few days after the buck hunts to spread some of the pressure out. Doubt they will do it though...