Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shootbrownelk View Post
    Thanks for the link tdub. Good information there!
    The review is great I like the outdoor gear lab reviews. Just a FYI, a lot of those headlamps have been overhauled and have some different specs.
    All Work And No Play Is No Good At All

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Hands down the Rayovac Sportsman 100 lumen headlamp. Indestructible, bright as a spotlight, lower setting for battery savings, and only $17 bucks at Menards.....

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 57 Times in 8 Posts
    Dick I just spent several hours sorting through headlamp reviews. I just ordered the Zebralight H52w. It uses a single AA battery. It is highly touted on another hunting forum I'm on.
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin/Stone (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I recently went through the same battle of trying to find a headlamp to replace my old petzl Tikka. I decided to go with the Black Diamond Spot. So far I like the light except for the red LED. Have always used that to walk through woods and in tree stands but on the Spot it is basically too dim to use unless you are looking at something within like 3 feet. Considering going back to the Petzl.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Umpqua Hunter View Post
    Dick I just spent several hours sorting through headlamp reviews. I just ordered the Zebralight H52w. It uses a single AA battery. It is highly touted on another hunting forum I'm on.
    That is a sweet headlamp, UH. The 18650 models take it to new levels of brightness too!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 22 Times in 2 Posts
    I've looked at the Zebralights. My biggest gripe is the quantity of units they offer. I don't know half of the terminology in the descriptions haha. So I'm afraid I'll buy one that doesn't suit my needs. I was actually looking at the one UH ordered. So maybe that's the ticket???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "I love my country, I love my guns, I love my family, I love the way it is now, and anybody that tries to change it has to come through me, that should be all of our attitudes, cause this is America!!"
    - Charlie Daniels

"Most democrats in WY are not like other democrats (they actually like babies, guns, and the constitution)"
    - AT Hiker

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 22 Times in 2 Posts
    For example.....floody beam from frosted lens in the 602F. I don't want a frosted lens, wouldn't that impact performance? And they should add compare buttons to their site. I really want one though. Are the 18650 models really putting out over 1,000 lumens? That's sick...but it would be SO much handier to use the AA version.
    "I love my country, I love my guns, I love my family, I love the way it is now, and anybody that tries to change it has to come through me, that should be all of our attitudes, cause this is America!!"
    - Charlie Daniels

"Most democrats in WY are not like other democrats (they actually like babies, guns, and the constitution)"
    - AT Hiker

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Almost any Petzl ..... Mine uses 3 AAA's. I have'nt had any problems with it.
    NRA Member
    Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Member
    Mule Deer Foundation Member
    California Deer Association Member

WORK IS FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T HUNT !