Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post

Montana Black Gold Sight troubles..

Anyone out there used the MBG sights? My Ascent 3 pin slider just arrived and I'm really excited about it. 2 questions for anyone who uses/has used a MBG:

1. It didn't come with assembly directions- I believe I have it assembled correctly by looking at pictures, but is this standard? There was one page stapled to the yardage tapes, but it started with step 3 for sighting in- I'm thinking there was an additional page mistakenly left off.

2. The "wheel of death" is difficult to crank and hangs up in a few spots. I worked it back and fourth to see if it would smooth out, but shavings just keep gathering at the top of the slider. [Yes, the locking pin is loose.]

Any ideas? Do I call MBG and see what they say? I did quite a bit of research on these sights and they seem like very dependable, high quality sights, so I'm concerned that it's user error?

Thanks in advance,
    DK

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 29 Times in 4 Posts
    I have had a MBG ascent for a few years, mine came all put together and didn't have any site tapes with it. I love mine and have never had any problems. I would call them and let them know your dilemma and I'm sure they will take care of you, don't let this one little problem steer you away from a great sight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Shoot STR8

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RUTTIN For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 54 Times in 3 Posts
    Call them, they are a good company. I shoot there sights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 25 Times in 3 Posts
    I agree with everyone else. You might be able to find some good YouTube assembly instructions as well. There is a good one by s and s archery that I used to set mine up. They do a great job explaining the site and everything. My wheel was also hard to turn but the more you use it the looser it gets. I've had mine for a year now and it turns just right. Stick with the sight. You have a great one
    Now therefore, please take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me.
    Genesis 27:3 (NKJV)

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 69 Times in 6 Posts
    MBG customer service is second to none. Give them a call and they will either help you get yours put together or they will send a new sight, that's been my experience with them.
    JJenness
    G
    &T Crazy

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jjenness For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 20 Times in 9 Posts
    I just got my 3 pin ascent adj with the surge head and i watched some tube videos and the guy from black gold goes through it and does a good job of set up.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Appreciate the feedback, fellas. Update: I talked with MBG today and explained what I was experiencing. They want me to turn two screws just a little bit and see if it helps but i don't have small enough allen wrenches. Going to check tomorrow at work. If I can't find an appropriate allen wrench, or a slight twist of the two screws doesn't make the wheel any easier to turn, I'm sending it back. Which is what they requested.

I am a little annoyed at spending almost $200 for a sight and having to screw around with this stuff [including the missing directions.] I expected a little differently, but I suppose that's just how it can go sometimes. It sure doesn't seem to be the norm with their products. Hopefully this irons out quickly and I can support their product for years to come.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 35 Times in 5 Posts
    That sucks!

If it is any consolation, I got mine last summer and absolutely love it. Once things get ironed out for you I am sure you will be very happy with your sight as I am with mine.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 4 Times in 1 Post
    I hope it works out for you. I am on my second MBG, and they have been great for me.

I am pretty close to you, what shop do you normally go to? A-1 in Hudson does a really good job with MBG, and I am sure they would be happy to help you out.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by mnhunter View Post
    I hope it works out for you. I am on my second MBG, and they have been great for me.

I am pretty close to you, what shop do you normally go to? A-1 in Hudson does a really good job with MBG, and I am sure they would be happy to help you out.
    I ordered it through SS Archery online. Sent the sight back to MBG today. I was making a loud, ongoing squeak while I dialed it from top to bottom. Pretty frustrating.

I'm planning on the sight lasting long enough for me to forget the number of blunders I've encountered.