Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 35
  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Allegan, MI
    Posts
    1,112
    Thanks
    93
    Thanked 280 Times in 212 Posts
    Congratulations
    21
    Congratulated 41 Times in 6 Posts
    [QUOTE=ScottR;105465]I have hunted both units, South of the interstate is easier hunting and better road access. Don't go opening week and it will be even better as most of the other NR hunters have headed home.


    Sorry Scott! It just gets a little exasperating when you try to help someone and they won't listen to on the ground experience. My patience level at 67 years old just ain't what it used to be and it never was very good, LOL! You are also spot on in your comment regarding 23 access compared to 17, but the OP already made negative comments about thinking it wasn't any good, so I just kept my comments to 17.

  2. #22
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    29
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Congratulations
    1
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bb1379 View Post
    yes I can be stubborn. everyone, especially topgun....I've been hunting my entire life, I'm 42 years old, hunted new mexico, Wyoming, Montana and Kansas for the past 16 years. whitetail, mule deer and antelope. I'm from texas, sorry. I plan to get my questions about access confirmed before I spend a dime on a tag. I appreciate the info from you all, however topgun sure can rub you the wrong way. up until this season, I've been quite fortunate to draw the tag I was after. I rarely hunt the same state 2 years in a row as my job only allows for 1 GOOD fall hunt away from home usually. I'm about the point of throwing in the towel and just getting a point for next year. if it wasn't for really wanting to take my son I would have gave up weeks ago. I refuse to pay a landowner to hunt antelope and my reason being that for $250 trespass(what I understand to be the minimum) I could have just got the special license and with my points, drawn a pretty dang good area that doesn't have the little (*) by it. I have also taken into consideration the fact that with quotas being down in a lot of the state, more people will likely be doing what I'm doing now since they didn't draw either and end up on the little bit of public land that is available in the leftover units.
    Sounds like you have it figured out bb1379, good luck on your hunt if you decide to get a tag. It's really sad when a poster on a site has to be so negative and is so close minded that he doesn't understand there are hunters who have great hunts in area's he thinks are poor each and every season.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    356
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked 62 Times in 57 Posts
    Congratulations
    47
    Congratulated 25 Times in 6 Posts
    I hunted 23 two years ago. I spent 3 days covering close to 10 miles on foot in the NW portion of 23 and never once seen an antelope, even spoke with the GW and he confirmed my experience. I did kill one in the southern portion of the unit on state land, 5 days of hunting hard and killed the only huntable buck I seen...PURE LUCK! It was a very rewarding hunt, but it became very stressful too after the 2nd day of not seeing anything on public land. Would I do it again? Maybe, but the only way I would buy the tag is if I was already out there for some other reason.

    If you hunt 23 all I would hope for is that the numbers are back up on the public land.

    I started my hunt 3 days after season opened, seen a few other antelope hunters but quit a few deer hunters.

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    518
    Thanks
    316
    Thanked 63 Times in 52 Posts
    Congratulations
    2
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin W View Post
    Sounds like you have it figured out bb1379, good luck on your hunt if you decide to get a tag. It's really sad when a poster on a site has to be so negative and is so close minded that he doesn't understand there are hunters who have great hunts in area's he thinks are poor each and every season.
    Kevin, if you mean TopGun was being negative...I disagree. I thought he was being extremely helpful. JMO

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to shootbrownelk For This Useful Post:


  6. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Allegan, MI
    Posts
    1,112
    Thanks
    93
    Thanked 280 Times in 212 Posts
    Congratulations
    21
    Congratulated 41 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shootbrownelk View Post
    Kevin, if you mean TopGun was being negative...I disagree. I thought he was being extremely helpful. JMO

    Yes, he meant me and thanks for your comment! I sent him a quick PM explaining that I've had good chats back and forth with the OP trying to help him more and even gave him some coordinates to work with to stay out of trouble if he goes in 23. Then I got back a real nasty PM from KevinW and I immediately put him on Ignore and he will stay there because this isn't the first time he's made comments like that. He has a lot of nerve when he's stated on other threads that he's never even been on a hunt out west and I've been going dang near every year since 92.
    Last edited by Topgun 30-06; 07-21-2014 at 11:53 AM.

  7. #26
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    folks I have no idea what is going on but its getting childish for sure. TG and I started off on the wrong foot, however we have pm'd each other and smoothed it over, or so I thought. its obvious he is a very knowledgeable person regarding the info I was inquiring about. there has been no "nasty" pm from me to him. the ONLY thing said since my last "friendly" pm with TG was on another forum he posted a similar reply to one of my posts as he had earlier on here and I replied with a "lol" because I thought it was funny that he was on as many different sites as me. Its obvious im getting labeled as an "a$$" on here and that is totally wrong. that's the problem now of days with all this social media crap and forums. often times your true intent or the way you say something cannot be misunderstood. i'm just trying to get a hunt lined up for my son, not create drama on a dang talk forum.

    oh, and I've never stated anywhere that I've never been out west. my "son" never has, another misunderstanding by mr. TG!

  8. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Allegan, MI
    Posts
    1,112
    Thanks
    93
    Thanked 280 Times in 212 Posts
    Congratulations
    21
    Congratulated 41 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bb1379 View Post
    folks I have no idea what is going on but its getting childish for sure. TG and I started off on the wrong foot, however we have pm'd each other and smoothed it over, or so I thought. its obvious he is a very knowledgeable person regarding the info I was inquiring about. there has been no "nasty" pm from me to him. the ONLY thing said since my last "friendly" pm with TG was on another forum he posted a similar reply to one of my posts as he had earlier on here and I replied with a "lol" because I thought it was funny that he was on as many different sites as me. Its obvious im getting labeled as an "a$$" on here and that is totally wrong. that's the problem now of days with all this social media crap and forums. often times your true intent or the way you say something cannot be misunderstood. i'm just trying to get a hunt lined up for my son, not create drama on a dang talk forum.

    oh, and I've never stated anywhere that I've never been out west. my "son" never has, another misunderstanding by mr. TG!
    You misread my post like I said in my PM back to you. The post was all in reference to the other member that shootbrownelk responded to and not you in any way, shape, or form! Sorry for the confusion and everything is fine between us after our chats back and forth yesterday by PM. I hope the information I gave you helps a lot if you decide to try 23 this year. PS: I changed my last post that caused your confusion to make it clear who I was referring to.
    Last edited by Topgun 30-06; 07-21-2014 at 11:58 AM.

  9. #28
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Topgun 30-06 View Post
    You misread my post like I said in my PM back to you. The post was all in reference to the other member that shootbrownelk responded to and not you in any way, shape, or form! Sorry for the confusion and everything is fine between us after our chats back and forth yesterday by PM. I hope the information I gave you helps a lot if you decide to try 23 this year. PS: I changed my last post that caused your confusion to make it clear who I was referring to.
    everything is fine

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to bb1379 For This Useful Post:


  11. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    518
    Thanks
    316
    Thanked 63 Times in 52 Posts
    Congratulations
    2
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bb1379 View Post
    everything is fine
    Well....I'm satisfied! You guys shake hands now.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shootbrownelk For This Useful Post:


  13. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Allegan, MI
    Posts
    1,112
    Thanks
    93
    Thanked 280 Times in 212 Posts
    Congratulations
    21
    Congratulated 41 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shootbrownelk View Post
    Well....I'm satisfied! You guys shake hands now.
    We've been fine since yesterday when we sent a few PMs back and forth! I will admit that I'm not PC a lot of times, but I hope everyone, other than one member that went on Ignore, sees that I really do take a lot of time to try and help people even if it comes across wrong once in a while. That's the problem with the internet and not being able to chat face to face so that things don't get misconstrued!

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Topgun 30-06 For This Useful Post:


 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •