Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

wyoming antelope unit 83

A buddy and i want to try to draw an antelope tag for wyoming next year. I was checking out the last mrs for antelope and comparing the tables. It looked like unit 83 along with a couple other units have decent draw odds with public acces and harvest odds. Neither of us have any points so we understand we are kind of throwing up a hail mary. I am curious if anyone has experience in this unit or any others that may suit our situation best.

Thanks a bunch

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 40 Times in 6 Posts
    You won't draw 83 unless you buy a PP before 9/30 and then put in for the higher priced Special Draw in 2015 because the regular draw will take at least 3 or 4 PPs to draw a tag there based on the 2014 stats. Go to the draw odds section on the G&F website and write down all the units that drew with close to 100% success this year with 1PP in the regular and special draws and then start looking at the accessible public land in each one to narrow down your choices. Then come back on the site after you narrow things down and you should get some help with specific units.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Topgun 30-06 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 21 Times in 1 Post
    What he said. But buy a pref point being the most important.
    "I love my country, I love my guns, I love my family, I love the way it is now, and anybody that tries to change it has to come through me, that should be all of our attitudes, cause this is America!!"
    - Charlie Daniels

"Most democrats in WY are not like other democrats (they actually like babies, guns, and the constitution)"
    - AT Hiker

Thanks
    Congratulations
    gotcha, thank you sir. Should have done that in the first place, I was just going based on the eastmans MRS tables.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    As noted the point should be first priority. Remember that public access may be an issue with units that require fewer points. Other things to consider before you apply that may reduce your draw odds. Have the number of tags been reduced? Will they remain the same or increase next year? Thought I had a slam dunk last year based on previous draw odds. The tags for the unit were reduced by 200 and I did not draw. I would call the local biologist just prior to the deadline and get his/her take on the herd for that unit. Also units posted in MRS sections may show an increased demand that could change draw odds. Especially those that were not listed previously.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 68 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefgobbler View Post
    Also units posted in MRS sections may show an increased demand that could change draw odds. Especially those that were not listed previously.
    This happened to my deer area... It went from leftover tags to needing a couple of points in one year....grrr. Next year it will probably take 5 points.