Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 10 Times in 2 Posts

MT Antelope 330(advice)

Has anyone had any experience with this unit(330) for antelope. I was just wondering if anyone had any input on public land, access, quality and quantity of antelope or deer, etc.? It's a new unit for me.I've hunted mostly SE MT and I thought I'd try something new( I love seeing and learning new country) and lucked out and drew a tag. I have a general deer tag too, and hope to kind of look some new country over for that tag while I'm there also. I did some basic research before I put in for the tag and have some ideas, but would really be interested in any ideas or suggestions on either of these hunts from guys with experience in this or surrounding units. I have a back up plan for deer in the breaks later, as most my early research was on the antelope tag!
    Any advice is appreciated and thanks for any information that you are willing to share! Feel free to PM if that works better.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I hunted it a few years ago with my cousin for antelope. I got a decent buck. It is a neat area of Montana. There is a lot of public land and a lot of good country. I'd suggest going out by Lima Res. You'll see lots of antelope. We didn't see any big bucks but some decent lopers. We did see quite a few deer but were mainly focused on antelope and ducks, take a shotgun. Also, go up to Dell, MT it's just north of Lima and get a Ribeye at the bed and breakfast. It's the best Ribeye I've ever had! Good luck!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kodiak32 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Kodiak32,
    Thanks for responding, I sure appreciate the help! That steak sounds good too!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 72 Times in 10 Posts
    Yesterdays Cafe used to be called the School House resturant in Dell has good food and don't forget to get a piece of Pie. Its the only place I eat when I hunt in that area.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 25contender For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    http://www.eastmans.com/forum/showth...3975#post93975

Here's my account of hunting 330. I ended up shooting my buck somewhat near Lima Reservoir on some block management land. Opening day can be a madhouse with hunters and I purposely avoided it. After that though, the entire valley seemed to be to yourself. I'll just reiterate what I said in the above link; my first trip to the unit I saw very few antelope. But the next time I went I saw a lot. Also, don't forget that there is a lot of the unit that extends to the northwest that is not in the Centennial Valley, and a lot of it is BLM.

Good Luck!
    Can't spell scum without U&M... Go 'Cats!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MSUcat61 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    MSUcat61,
    Thanks for the info, the link is great. Hopefully I'll have some pics to post come Oct.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 52 Times in 6 Posts
    It's a fun hunt!! Don't go opening weekend and don't be extremely picky, get a GPS landowner chip or BLM Map and don't over look the Walk in Access areas, my wife killed hers in one of them. Good Luck!!!
    TICK
    TALL, WIDE and HANDSOME

"The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential... these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence."
    Confucius

11. The Following User Says Thank You to woodtick For This Useful Post: