Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wyoming Elk Unit 11

Leaving in the near future for a fishing/scouting trip for the upcoming season. First time I will be in the area. Anybody have any tips or particular areas they recommend I check out for the area while I'm there? Any info on the area would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 36 Times in 6 Posts
    Jim,

From my limited experience, the entire area holds elk. It is a great tag to have and you should enjoy your hunt. The best scouting right now will be up on timber line and in the very high parks as those elk will be the most visible. There are elk throughout all the elevation though so you can find them anywhere. I'm actually surprised more people don't apply for that tag...

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 12 Times in 2 Posts
    There's still quite a few that apply, cause I can't draw it. Are you planing on archery hunting or rifle? I had the tag 2 years ago. You can PM for questions.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    We got two bulls out of there 2012 season. SSLIGER knows his stuff too. Like him I spent a lot of time there because I would always hunt the cow tag if I didn't draw. I would be happy to share info... I don't get on here to much...so my reg email is thejimcrum @ gmail .com