Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

What do you drive!

On a recent post, my forum handle FORD#1 was questioned. It was implied I would get more feedback if my handle were say...CHEVY#1 or DODGE#1. QUESTION...If you were taking a hunting trip out west in snow, mud, and treacherous terrain, what is your vehicle of choice? If Wyoming ever draws my tag I will be loading up my 2011 Ford Lariat F-150 4x4. I believe this is one of the best trucks Ford ever made. Its my favorite because you can torture it all day, wash it, and take your wife out on the town with it all night. My dad bought a new 1980 F-150, which we found to be indestructible. His 4 sons put it to the test.
    I think Ford made a mistake when they stopped producing the Ranger. The public bought 7 million of them for cryin out loud! TRUST ME, its all about share holder profits! I will say that Ford needs to install a 8 speed tranny like its competition. Not sure what year Dodge truck IKEEPITCOLD drives but I will admit, Marchionne and his boys over there in Auburn Hills have something going on. FMC has paid my bills for a long time but I would not hesitate to park a Ram 1500 in my garage. They are worth looking at.
    Since my retirement I have become a rebel. I purchased a Camaro ( first Chevy ever), and bought my wife her dream car. ( Cadillac CTS ). I feel like a kid who just turned 18, moved out of his parents house and headed straight for Las Vegas. Anyway, whatever you drive, love it and keep it maintained. You will enjoy it and it will serve you well Good luck to all in the upcoming hunting season! FORD#1

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Toyota Tundra and various Early Broncos.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    My vehicle of choice for hunting would be my Polaris Ranger, oh ya the F150 would be pulling it there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Shoot STR8

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Cant wait to hear packmules take on this one!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    I'm a Ford guy, have been most of my life. That being said, my choice of off road hunting vehicles would be a mid 80's Toyota extra cab, 4x4 short bed PU, Carb 4 cyl engine. Had one for years and put 0ver 300,000 miles on it and it would go anywhere. Used to tow it behind my Ford F250, extra cab, diesel w/cab over camper. Great hunting rig. Everything gone now. I have a F350 Extra cab Super Duty w/Powerstroke, 4x4 and pull a travel trailer and a quad. The older I get the more comfort I want. I do tent camp too.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 6 Times in 5 Posts
    So our bustin your chops worked! We where just razzing you to keep you around and get involved with the forum. Lol

I have a 07 2500 Mega Cab. Only 100k miles and has been a awesome pick up for me.

The drip pan under the truck is the only issue I have with the truck. It gets drove maybe a couple times a month. When it sits for a few weeks the tranny leaks. Been to the shop a few times to try and find the leak but it hasn't been found. The shop told me what happens is when it sits for awhile the torque converter fluid leaks out and over fills the tranny case. When that happens it leaks out from somewhere. It will only leak out about a fist size puddle but I hate that and don't want it on the drive way.
    Last edited by Ikeepitcold; 07-27-2014 at 09:47 AM.
    I don't Break the rules, I Modify them.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I am a Ford guy! Every hunting or fishing adventure starts with my 03 F150. It is getting a little tired. Hoping to make it through one more season before I need to upgrade. I have been eyeing a '10 or '11 ford raptor!

Sent from my iPhone

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 6 Times in 5 Posts
    I also have been a Ford lover for years and have had lots of ford diesels but when I dove a friend dodge on a hunt for a few days I went with the Dodge my wife has a Charger, I also have a 00 Jeep and a 06 1500 as my work truck.
    I don't Break the rules, I Modify them.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I went from a 2000 Ranger (best stock off-road vehicle, imho) to a 2006 F150 SuperCrew, then a 2010 F150 SuperCrew, and just last month got a 2014 F250 Powerstroke with all the bells and whistles. That motor is truly unbelievable.

I trade them in every 4-6 years, but my wife and I have owned 11 Ford vehicles and have not once had one in the shop other than an oil change. Can't complain about that.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 17 Times in 3 Posts
    I have been hunting with a 1990 Mazda B2600i 4x4 that I bought new. But with 290000 miles I decided to get a new hunting truck this past January. I found a 2001 7.3 4x4 Ford Excursion with low miles and couldn't pass it up. So that will be my new ride for this hunting season.