Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Chevy's do seem to be more comfortable in general, the ride, the seats, etc. The F-150 seems to have more leg room lately. I do agree with Hilltop, they are all pretty good if you take care of them. I kindof like the older styles, though. I wish I would have kept my '81 chevy. The 81 had a lot of bailing twine and duct tape fixes, though. It kindof looked like a Red Green truck. I am not a mechanic. I had an '79 Buick LeSabre that was great for most roads. Pretty dang comfy, too. It went along pretty good as long as clearance wasn't an issue. AT Hiker, we have a Lezburu, lol, and love it. We take it most places for family stuff in the mountains for the gas mileage mentioned and it does really well on snow and mud,etc.
    Last edited by Againstthewind; 07-28-2014 at 06:27 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Had two Tacoma TRD off road double cabs, 2008 and 2011. Never found anything that would break on one. Made money on both, the used value on those things was sick. Used them for hunting, trapping, commuting, hauling kids. Never in a shop or missed a beat. I now have a 2014 tundra crew max off road limited. Only 5k miles so far so can't say much. I will say though, that some of the finer things have taken a dive from 2008 to 2014, like the quality of the plastic on the engine cover, console, cupholders, etc. With each truck, how easily they scratch and how flimsy they are has gotten worse. I'm still going to stick with toyotas until they do me wrong. When I need a bigger truck though it'll be a ford f350 all the way.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 6 Times in 2 Posts
    I do the cummins thing. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406599010.318935.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	91.0 KB 
ID:	10173 flatbed,6speed,adrenaline 10 stage tuner,4" exhaust,dual electric fans, so on and so on. She's on the chopping block shortly though. I'm eyeballing IKIC's mega cab... No room for two kiddos in the 02. Once the next one decides to come along it's time to start shoppin.
    http://www.solooutdoor.com/ Contact me for used optic specials!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Toyota tundra all the way

Thanks
    Congratulations
    For the last 17 years it has been 1997 ford f350 with 460 gas motor and manual transmission bomb proof truck. Just recently got a ford f150 with eco boost and i hope it last another 17 years. It was hard to back to a payment.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    GMC Denali 2500 Z71 pickup. Set up to run on both unleaded and propane. Keeps fuel costs a lot less expensive.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I had hunted out of a Ford Ranger for a long time in High School, until it crapped out on me (transmission). Then I got a Mercury Mountaineer and that was a pretty awesome vehicle. Could fit 4 guys comfortably with enough room for gear, plus the dogs could be inside (it gets really cold up here when hunting for December Pheasants) That got hailed out. Now I have a 2003 Double Cab Toyota Tacoma. Great for 2 people, really tight for 4. I have had it for 4 years and its never been in the shop. It's an awesome truck that I expect will last me a long while.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Mega cab with the last of the 5.9 Cummins motors. Seems to be a good dependable setup but weights in at 9,000+ pounds so its' a pig in the mud.

We have an old 2000 Denali that I take out most of the time these days. Seems to have a much softer suspension for running dirt roads and I don't care if it gets scratched. Plus I can sleep in the back if necessary.

Thanks
    Congratulations

Cool

1993 Chevy Suburban K-2500 with 7.4 L engine and HD everything. Most important option-42 gallon gas tank. 172,000 miles
    1985 Jeep Scrambler lifted with Warn winch-123,000 miles
    2005 Dodge Dakota full time 4 x 4 with off road options-100,575 miles

I usually drive the Suburban and tow the Jeep, if I anticipate hunting in some tough places. If hunting close, I will take the Dodge, which is the most trouble free vehicle I have ever owned. Since my Mother has been in the nursing home, I make frequent trips to Louisiana to visit her, and rent a Dodge Ram from Enterprise. This has given me quite a bit of experience with the new Dodge trucks and I have decided that my next vehicle will be a Ram 1500 4 x 4 with 5.7 Hemi and Big Horn option. FYI, the actual mileage on the Hemi engine for mixed city, highway and off road is 20.9 for the 4 x 4 and 21.7 for the 2 WD. Highway mileage is 25-26. That beats my much smaller Dakota with the 4.7 L V-8, which recorded its personal best of 23 mpg on a dead flat Wyoming interstate with a tail wind..
    Last edited by Sawfish; 07-30-2014 at 04:31 PM.
    Patron Life Member, NRA; Life Member RMEF, SCI, NAHHC, NSRPA

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I drive a 2001 chevy silverado Z71. I have 218k miles on it. It keeps on tickin. Did replace the fuel pump about 30k miles ago. Every year I tell myself that I'm going to get a new truck but haven't had a NEED to only a WANT to so I'm try to beat smart with my money and fight the urge. I do have a daily commuter 08 Malibu that is a PoS IMO so I'm able to use the truck only for outdoor activities.