Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 7 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ivorytip View Post
    a lot of guys stop glassing and assume deer and elk are bedded all afternoon escaping the heat, and they often don't get the chance to see any movement during the heat. although true, they still get restless and thirsty during those hot days. I hope you found yourself a new spot to let ikeepitcold kill a buck off of....
    Hahaha, IKIC is in another part of the state. They do move midday as I bumped a buck yesterday. But the one buck I already have my number one priority on I have his bedding area down pat I believe, know his water sources, his tendencies and how he moves in the area.

This spot is going to be a future area to check or a backup area if I bump the #1 buck.
    2013 spyder turbo, 70lbs black out and 2013 pse omen max 60# stormy hardwoods green
    Limbdriver Pro V, Tight spot quiver, Single pin Hogg Father, Fuse carbon blade.
    Scott longhorn 3, Easton FMJ's

AKA: Velvet Feather

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonArrow View Post
    Set up a camera, and if you see a good buck during daylight within a week, sit it religiously dawn to dusk for several days. Blind hunting can be hell, but with faith and patience, you stand a better chance of killing a mature buck.
    Blind hunting is hard and I won't set one there. Just find a spot under and behind a tree or in the brush and sit. I wouldn't feel comfortable moving stuff out of place there without them getting used to it.
    2013 spyder turbo, 70lbs black out and 2013 pse omen max 60# stormy hardwoods green

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by packer58 View Post
    Check for tracks/sign and get a camera in there as soon as you can if it looks good, even if it's for the first few days of your hunt.
    That's the plan. Set it for 3 days and see what the majority of movement looks like. And maybe spend one evening or morning on a vantage point trying to see if I can pick up bucks moving in the thick trees.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 38 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by velvetfvr View Post
    Hahaha, IKIC is in another part of the state. They do move midday as I bumped a buck yesterday. But the one buck I already have my number one priority on I have his bedding area down pat I believe, know his water sources, his tendencies and how he moves in the area.

This spot is going to be a future area to check or a backup area if I bump the #1 buck.
    I'll vote for the trail camera as well... I would make it a priority to get it in place as soon as possible. Your camera can do all your scouting while your hunting for your #1 buck. Load up on scent away spray so you aren't leaving a big smelly trail by the water hole.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hilltop For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 16 Times in 2 Posts
    Good for you, keep it secret.
    I find a lot of people aren't willing to hike that far.
    I hope the next time you go up there you don't find some idiot has ridden his atv there.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr8bawana View Post
    Good for you, keep it secret.
    I find a lot of people aren't willing to hike that far.
    I hope the next time you go up there you don't find some idiot has ridden his atv there.
    Can't drive to it. Closest is 1 mile

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 22 Times in 10 Posts
    Is there much other water in the area? If there is a vantage point you can see it and some other areas from I would try that. But if you already have a buck you like spotted I would go after him first! Good Luck!!!
    Keystone 1, Over!

" I am lost in the dust of the chase that my life brings"

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    Is there much other water in the area? If there is a vantage point you can see it and some other areas from I would try that. But if you already have a buck you like spotted I would go after him first! Good Luck!!!
    Probably about 2 miles up, 1 mile right, a mile left and a mile below is water. Enough space where they should use that one spring. I decided to not waste time on it this season, and will check it out next season or whenever I draw again

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 22 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by velvetfvr View Post
    Probably about 2 miles up, 1 mile right, a mile left and a mile below is water. Enough space where they should use that one spring. I decided to not waste time on it this season, and will check it out next season or whenever I draw again
    If killing the 240'' NT that is watering at it is a waste of time PM me the details and I'll go get him in smokepole season next year HAHA!!!
    Keystone 1, Over!

" I am lost in the dust of the chase that my life brings"

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    If killing the 240'' NT that is watering at it is a waste of time PM me the details and I'll go get him in smokepole season next year HAHA!!!
    A 325" was killed out of my units in 1955, so they have the genes.........