Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    thanks against the wind,,,any and all info is helpful,,,though unit 27 is small,it looks like part of it is forested,,,if the weather is still warm by oct 1st,im thinkin of the upper areas in 27 as a starting point,,,it appears unit 25 is much more sage and rolling hills,,maybe this is a sleeper unit?not much info out there to be found.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Wish I could help. Just put boots on the ground in 24 for the first time last month.
    Good luck on the hunt!
    Life member RMEF
    Mathews DXT, Bowtech Admiral, Browing .300WSM...... and Swarovski Optiks my wife doesn't know about.
    1999 Washington Blacktaill, Bear River GMU, nontypical 6X7

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Could be a good unit. It seems like the sage, prairie areas get overlooked a little, but they are the traditional (pre-white folks) elk habitat. It seems like they are moving back into those areas or the population is rebounding in those areas making them really good areas for hunting, just harder to draw a tag and more private it seems like. 25 also has some good timber areas, too. It is getting into the foothills/transition from prairie to mountains part of the Wind Rivers. Its just not on the National Forest like 27. 25 is where I saw that big herd. I guess it was a couple of years ago now. Well good luck. No offense to white folks, by the way.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    it appears that unit 25 elk seems to be a wintering travel path out onto winter range from my understanding,,,will have to see come oct 1st if theres any resident elk in the area?some of the west side of 25 looks like it has at least some timber.thanks againstthe wind.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    any body with an idea of how much snow hit up high in the wind river range thursday?maybe that might get em moving?