Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 18 Times in 1 Post
    So I have a bit of a problem. I'm on my 2nd set of boots and we are coming down to the wire. The first pair I just wasn't happy with. They were SO comfortable right out of the box. Width seem to fit well which is usually my problem, length maybe a tad long which I believe caused the issue im about to describe. Oh, and they were really light which I Loved. But.....they made a flip flop type sound at every step. I put 10-12 miles on them thinking they'd break in and it would stop. Didn't happen. Under Armor Brow Tines - Uninsulated.

Exchanged them and they'd just had a huge boot sale. So they literally only had 1 pair of boots left in my size (13). My luck!! They were the Danner High Ground non-insl. I tried them on and they felt good and seemed to fit well all around. I took them. That was Friday.

Now that you've read all of that.....here's my concern! I've put maybe 5 miles on them. 1.5 miles of relatively steep grade today. I can feel my left heel slip ever so slightly, like 1/8" or maybe less. I'm wearing wool socks with them. So far I've not had a hot spot, but I'm worried that I may have to exchange these as well which I just hate to do. But I can't seem to just walk in the store, try a boot on, and know that it fits without doing some hiking of some sort. So.....since I've not developed any hotspots in my limited use of these boots, do you all think they will be alright? Or should I just trade these in as well? I'm torn on this.....

Do I need to get a tighter fitting boot? I can't stand for my "little" toes to be scrunched up at all. Not on the length, the width.

I almost feel like I should just get me some new combat boots. I've put 100s of miles on a couple of pairs of Corcoran II jump boots. With no issues.

Any input is appreciated for sure!! Thanks
    Last edited by Cobbhunts; 07-30-2014 at 08:44 PM.
    "I love my country, I love my guns, I love my family, I love the way it is now, and anybody that tries to change it has to come through me, that should be all of our attitudes, cause this is America!!"
    - Charlie Daniels

"Most democrats in WY are not like other democrats (they actually like babies, guns, and the constitution)"
    - AT Hiker

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Might try some different socks and/or insoles. Some boots you can try different lacing patterns as well.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to okielite For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Always wear thin liners next to skin. Heel lift is not a good thing either.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to WapitiBob For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 1 Post
    My feet has always given me fits since they don't make shoes in America any more,I can't afford the private boot makers that charge 5 to 6 hundred dollars a pair of boots.every yeari spend 300 on boots wear them a month or two and have too give them away because they start hurting my feet, but last year I bought a pair of Irish setters, and was able to wear them the whole season, no problems, but they are 250.00 a pair, but still cheaper than 300.00 On two pair and have nothing at the end of the season, my boot size is 12.5eee with most 13 teens I get the sloppy foot move ment, and most of the 4e's are too wide, I can't wear two pairs of Sox my feet sweat to much.
    Last edited by az.mountain runner; 07-30-2014 at 10:16 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to az.mountain runner For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    I messed with lightweight boots my whole life thinking it was the way to go. I upgraded to a pair of lowas with the lacing lock. This allows the foot box to be loose while holding the heel back. Find the "lacing techniques" post from Mark(25contender). It have about 40-50 miles on these lowas, and it is night and day difference. If you still want to run a little lighter weight, look at the Lowa Caminos. I can tell you the Lowas seem to run a little narrow.

A boot that eliminates slip is more valuable than a broke in boot if you are pressed for time.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to tttoadman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I'm def thinking about taking these back. My local sources for hiking/hunting boots are just so limited. And with my sizing issues I'd really hate to order a pair. With the weeks dwindling down especially. I'm going to find that lacing thread. I believe I subscribed to it when it was active, just so I could reference back. I may give that a try and put another mile or two on these first. I'll also go get a good liner and maybe try an insole while I'm at it. $250-$300 is about my limit on boots. As much as I'd like to have an American made pair, I just can't do it at this time. Dang daycare is eating me alive at $12k per year!!!!!!!
    "I love my country, I love my guns, I love my family, I love the way it is now, and anybody that tries to change it has to come through me, that should be all of our attitudes, cause this is America!!"
    - Charlie Daniels

"Most democrats in WY are not like other democrats (they actually like babies, guns, and the constitution)"
    - AT Hiker

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Oh....and as far as weight is concerned. That's not really a factor. I was just impressed with how light they both were since I've always worn heavy boots. Even in the office I worked in for years we had to wear steel toes.
    - Charlie Daniels

- AT Hiker

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 35 Times in 5 Posts
    Try the liners and lacing techniques first, they may fix the problem for you.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Timberstalker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 22 Times in 2 Posts
    Definitely work on lacing. I had the same issue you are talking about. Same foot and same amount of movement. By doing the lacing technique called the Sherpas knot I was able to snug up my heel. I don't so mine exactly like the video but I would definitely encourage you to look at lacing techniques if you are happy with everything else on the boots. I also put lathrop and sons insoles in the boots and that also helped some.
    Now therefore, please take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me.
    Genesis 27:3 (NKJV)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to tdcour For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Much appreciated!!
    - Charlie Daniels

- AT Hiker