Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Backcountry daypack.

So you've packed in camp for a 7-day stay using your large volume pack and now you're need your daypack for hunting. What have you brought for that purpose?
    Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live. M.T.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 77 Times in 10 Posts

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Thanks 25contender for the link. Wouldn't you know I'm working with a ancient Eureka! external frame which ain't about to compress down one little bit...maybe time for this 68-year old to crawl into the 21st century and spring for a new pack maybe?
    Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live. M.T.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 77 Times in 10 Posts
    I was in the same boat a few years ago and went through a few packs finding the right one. Lots of good information here. You can buy extra straps at almost and outdoor store and see if you can use them to compress your pack down. You might not need another pack.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I just cinch everything in nice and snug on my internal frame pack and use it as a day pack. Works pretty good as long as I lighten up or remove the top pack completely as it tends to flop around a bit if I leave it. This might not work so good with an external frame.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Kuiu, the big bags cinch down real nice for a day pack or you can buy the 1850 small bag for $100 and throw it on the same frame your big bag comes on. The load harness can add another 2000ci to the day pack if you are in deep and need to pack out meat. You can mix and match the Icon Pros and the Ultras as they both fit the same frame.