Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 23 Times in 10 Posts
    [QUOTE=velvetfvrPassed the tall basket 4x3 at 68 yards. He is a cool looking and good buck. But I decided I just wanted my big buck or go home.[/QUOTE]

How big do you want? That buck has got to score 180+!
    "Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I fee. One is the colors that fly high and proud The red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake With a simple statement made "Don't tread on me" is what it says and I'll take that to my grave. Because this is me. I'm proud to be American and strong in my beliefs. And I've said it before but I'll say it again 'Cause my family's always fought and died to save this land. And a country boy is all I'll ever be."

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 7 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hardstalk View Post
    Are you done velvet?
    Friends that were with me this trip that had tags plan on going back Labor Day. So I may have a chance at him and may have an experienced big muley hunter friend of mine come up also. So of the weather is good, the big boy should be riding in the bed of the truck in a couple weeks
    2013 spyder turbo, 70lbs black out and 2013 pse omen max 60# stormy hardwoods green
    Limbdriver Pro V, Tight spot quiver, Single pin Hogg Father, Fuse carbon blade.
    Scott longhorn 3, Easton FMJ's

AKA: Velvet Feather

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by nvarcher View Post
    Trophy quality was down. Top three bucks were a 4x2, 4x3 (both pictured) and about a 170 4 point that I got to 80 yards but couldn't get a shot and they moved into the Thick timber without me realizing. Had some close encounters and it was fun just just not a great year for deer, for my area at least! Saw some decent bulls though!
    Attachment 10277Attachment 10278Attachment 10279

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just kill the "one" next year lol. This year was really weird
    2013 spyder turbo, 70lbs black out and 2013 pse omen max 60# stormy hardwoods green

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by velvetfvr View Post
    Friends that were with me this trip that had tags plan on going back Labor Day. So I may have a chance at him and may have an experienced big muley hunter friend of mine come up also. So of the weather is good, the big boy should be riding in the bed of the truck in a couple weeks
    Do you have a lope tag as well?
    http://www.solooutdoor.com/ Contact me for used optic specials!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by hardstalk View Post
    Do you have a lope tag as well?
    Archery but unless I miss 3 more days of school I can't go back. Sucks because I found a 82-83" buck the last day I was up there and know his water. You can fly up here tonight and we can go if you want? LOL

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by velvetfvr View Post
    Archery but unless I miss 3 more days of school I can't go back. Sucks because I found a 82-83" buck the last day I was up there and know his water. You can fly up here tonight and we can go if you want? LOL
    Duty calls... I wish!
    http://www.solooutdoor.com/ Contact me for used optic specials!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just got back from my first trip up for archery, pretty disappointing. Walked 4 miles up only to be greeted by 200 head of sheep in the bowl we hunt in. Deer that were there the week before were long gone, made us have to put a lot more miles on our boots during the day but still only saw one buck. I had heard deer hate sheep but man I didn't think it was that bad.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 29 Times in 4 Posts
    Went to a big basin up in the Ruby's a couple of years ago while bowhunting and saw sheep like this. Not a deer anywhere near. The area usually has quite a few deer in it.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 27 Times in 5 Posts
    This is my target, out of 8 days hunting deer only 2 were hard hunting. Weather kept me from packing in and quad issues kept me stuck fixing that. This is a buck from last year that I did get to sneak on this year, 70yds and wind swirled. His brother is in there too, I'm gonna be back before seasons over.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonGNV View Post
    This is my target, out of 8 days hunting deer only 2 were hard hunting. Weather kept me from packing in and quad issues kept me stuck fixing that. This is a buck from last year that I did get to sneak on this year, 70yds and wind swirled. His brother is in there too, I'm gonna be back before seasons over.
    Fought issues with our side by side also. Did the bucks act weird the first couple days of season with the crappy weather?