Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hello ssliger,
    I've sent you a PM.....please check. Hope your scouting proved positive!!!!!!!
    Sincerely,
    Olref

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Hello Hunterman2146,
    Please check your private messages.
    Thanks,
    Olref

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by olref View Post
    Hello Hunterman2146,
    Please check your private messages.
    Thanks,
    Olref
    Hello Hunterman2146,
    Please check your PM box.
    Sincerely,
    Olref

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 17 Times in 1 Post
    The rut is on. I was on Miller mountain today scouting antelope and my kids and I watched a herd bull bugling his head off and chasing cows for about 20 minutes. I know that doesn't help you much with area 32 but at least it might give you a better since of timing on the rut action out here. Good luck with your hunt! Post up some pics when you get back.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to RSHusker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by RSHusker View Post
    The rut is on. I was on Miller mountain today scouting antelope and my kids and I watched a herd bull bugling his head off and chasing cows for about 20 minutes. I know that doesn't help you much with area 32 but at least it might give you a better since of timing on the rut action out here. Good luck with your hunt! Post up some pics when you get back.
    Should be the same story in 32 a few miles to the south!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to HiMtnHnter For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Find you an elk yet olref?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by elkhunter1983 View Post
    Find you an elk yet olref?
    Thank You for the inquiry! Due to my wife having been ill for the last two months, my Wyoming hunting trip had to be put on hold. Originally, I had planned to leave Sept. 20th to take advantage of the archery season...everybody had indicated this would be the best time to score. She has recently improved to the point that I'll be leaving tomorrow, Oct. 5th. Being able to go hunting anytime is fun in itself; hunting elk during the rifle season will now be more of an "experience" than possibly being successful....but that's hunting! So many members on this forum have helped me form a "game plan" when previously I knew nothing about this particular area and/or how to hunt it.
    Have deer tags as well which opens Oct. 15, in Area 130. Will report back, hopefully with more than an "experience" later in October.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Good luck to you. I just returned home from helping a buddy fill a tag down there and I got mine there in Sept. Hunterman was definitely right about rifle season. There were lots of people hovering around the border as soon as rifle opened and pushed quite a few elk south. There is lots of water down there so I think that will help you find them in the lowlands as it did for us this last week. We found bulls in places that had ATV's driving by on a pretty consistent basis (thank goodness they don't ever stop and look around). Good luck to you and let us know how it goes.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to elkhunter1983 For This Useful Post:

12. The Following User Says Congratulations to elkhunter1983 For This Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by elkhunter1983 View Post
    Good luck to you. I just returned home from helping a buddy fill a tag down there and I got mine there in Sept. Hunterman was definitely right about rifle season. There were lots of people hovering around the border as soon as rifle opened and pushed quite a few elk south. There is lots of water down there so I think that will help you find them in the lowlands as it did for us this last week. We found bulls in places that had ATV's driving by on a pretty consistent basis (thank goodness they don't ever stop and look around). Good luck to you and let us know how it goes.
    Hello elkhunter1983,
    Good info. concerning what's been happening recently in that area. Congratulations on your success during archery season!!!!! Have heard that it's rained off and on so the roads around Pine Mt. could really be a mess; have a quad so that will help. Sent you a PM (Private Message) so please sign in and read.
    Again, THANK YOU for the above update!!!!!!
    Sincerely,
    Olref

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Currently in Rock Springs. Started hunting Pine Mt
    Oct.7.Hunted five days and saw northing. Came in from every possible route, still nothing. Last Sunday heavy snow storm that even getting out by quad was tough. Decided upon a change of scenery and went to Farson for two doe deer on private land only. Sounds like a "Slam Dunk",,, NO!!!!
    You and the doe have to time it so both of you are at the same place at the same time...not across the fence from each other!!!LOL!! Somehow got two yesterday;one at 360yd and the other 375 yds; longest before was at 290. They were so far away that when I missed they never ran off!!!!! Am going back to Pine Mt. and try the Red Creek and Teepee Mt. areas as some forum members suggested. It's really neat to actually see the places that members have mentioned. Hopefully, more good news will be coming!!!