Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 13 Times in 5 Posts
    Good luck on the hunt sounds fun from your neighbor in mobridge or maybe a few blocks away

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Awesome...sounds like a fun hunt and I am also fretting over water availability where I will be hunting this year. Still getting some ideas on how to keep the weight down but I will say this...I have an MSR ceramic filter that threads right over the top of a wide mouth nalgene and I have filtered water out of some pretty nasty places. In fact, when I bought it, I was told that I could filter water out of an elk waller and be okay and I did. Never have gotten sick.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That's the same filter I have. Ill have to be careful, but i think it'll do the trick

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 23 Times in 10 Posts
    I think the live creek would be fine after its filtered. Stock ponds I guess would be ok too after you filter them but dont think they would taste very good. Even high country lakes dont taste very good compared to a spring or running water but sometimes you have to take what you can get when you are backpacking.
    "Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I fee. One is the colors that fly high and proud The red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake With a simple statement made "Don't tread on me" is what it says and I'll take that to my grave. Because this is me. I'm proud to be American and strong in my beliefs. And I've said it before but I'll say it again 'Cause my family's always fought and died to save this land. And a country boy is all I'll ever be."