Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

question about scope mounts for the Thompson center arms venture bolt

Hey guys I'm interested in buying a t/c venture but I'm curious about scope mounts. I know it comes from the factory with weaver style bases installed, but I want to change them out for something like steel leupold dovetail rings and bases. Does anybody know if they'll fit? I want a dovetail setup because I've read they are great for heavier calibers because I plan on getting my t/c chambered in .300 win mag. Also I'm not planning on changing scopes out, this is pretty much going to be my catch all setup while I'm starting out.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ' Neff said View Post
    Hey guys I'm interested in buying a t/c venture but I'm curious about scope mounts. I know it comes from the factory with weaver style bases installed, but I want to change them out for something like steel leupold dovetail rings and bases. Does anybody know if they'll fit? I want a dovetail setup because I've read they are great for heavier calibers because I plan on getting my t/c chambered in .300 win mag. Also I'm not planning on changing scopes out, this is pretty much going to be my catch all setup while I'm starting out.
    My suggestion would be to call Leupold. Their tech folks are real helpful and know what they are doing, at least in my experience.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    If TC says you can't change out the bases, take a look at the Warne Maxima rings. From what I have seen they are about the best built weaver style rings out there. Their Maxima QDs are pretty popular for bigbore CZs and Rugers, so their fixed rings will be more than adequate for 300 Win Mag.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mnhunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by mnhunter View Post
    If TC says you can't change out the bases, take a look at the Warne Maxima rings. From what I have seen they are about the best built weaver style rings out there. Their Maxima QDs are pretty popular for bigbore CZs and Rugers, so their fixed rings will be more than adequate for 300 Win Mag.
    Thanks MN hunter I'll have to check them out