Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 50
  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    colfax, wa
    Posts
    5,223
    Thanks
    1,282
    Thanked 667 Times in 572 Posts
    Congratulations
    199
    Congratulated 24 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by libidilatimmy View Post
    I was in the Southern part of the State
    Funny I never saw anything like that in the southern part of the state when I have been there but Im guessing all those trees grew in the last 3 years! HAHAHA!
    "Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I fee. One is the colors that fly high and proud The red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake With a simple statement made "Don't tread on me" is what it says and I'll take that to my grave. Because this is me. I'm proud to be American and strong in my beliefs. And I've said it before but I'll say it again 'Cause my family's always fought and died to save this land. And a country boy is all I'll ever be."

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    714
    Thanks
    173
    Thanked 224 Times in 167 Posts
    Congratulations
    170
    Congratulated 21 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    Funny I never saw anything like that in the southern part of the state when I have been there but Im guessing all those trees grew in the last 3 years! HAHAHA!
    You need to look harder! I wasn't lying. If it was easy to find they'd just call it "MMcomeshootanimalshere" city.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to libidilatimmy For This Useful Post:


  4. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Eastern Nebraska
    Posts
    865
    Thanks
    601
    Thanked 296 Times in 210 Posts
    Congratulations
    122
    Congratulated 85 Times in 10 Posts
    Scary part is looking at all the dead trees.... those beetles have sure taken a toll. When the fire comes, it will be a big one.

  5. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Cody, Wyoming
    Posts
    238
    Thanks
    243
    Thanked 33 Times in 30 Posts
    Congratulations
    14
    Congratulated 45 Times in 3 Posts
    Go pokes!!!

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kiddwinner For This Useful Post:


  7. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Andover, Minnesota
    Posts
    228
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 37 Times in 29 Posts
    Congratulations
    5
    Congratulated 4 Times in 1 Post
    Was that last pic not a Grizz track?

  8. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    714
    Thanks
    173
    Thanked 224 Times in 167 Posts
    Congratulations
    170
    Congratulated 21 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mnhunter View Post
    Was that last pic not a Grizz track?
    No, black bear

  9. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Andover, Minnesota
    Posts
    228
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 37 Times in 29 Posts
    Congratulations
    5
    Congratulated 4 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by libidilatimmy View Post
    No, black bear
    I was wondering. Didn't see any front claws, but wasn't sure.

    Cool Country for sure.

  10. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    714
    Thanks
    173
    Thanked 224 Times in 167 Posts
    Congratulations
    170
    Congratulated 21 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mnhunter View Post
    I was wondering. Didn't see any front claws, but wasn't sure.

    Cool Country for sure.
    It was most likely a yearling track by the size. A back foot Grizz track would have the toes in more of a straight line instead of curved and the pad would be more or less triangular. It's kind of hard to tell, but you can kind of make out the wedge in the pad of the instep in the pic also.

  11. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Andover, Minnesota
    Posts
    228
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 37 Times in 29 Posts
    Congratulations
    5
    Congratulated 4 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by libidilatimmy View Post
    It was most likely a yearling track by the size. A back foot Grizz track would have the toes in more of a straight line instead of curved and the pad would be more or less triangular. It's kind of hard to tell, but you can kind of make out the wedge in the pad of the instep in the pic also.
    Thanks, I can see what you are looking at there. I have only hunted grizz country once, and actually saw more bears than tracks.

  12. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    714
    Thanks
    173
    Thanked 224 Times in 167 Posts
    Congratulations
    170
    Congratulated 21 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilltop View Post
    Scary part is looking at all the dead trees.... those beetles have sure taken a toll. When the fire comes, it will be a big one.
    I hear ya. That kind of view in the forests seem to be more of the norm around the state rather than the exception anymore.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •